Preparations

Day 18

'We have an epic battle coming up with an enemy that could most likely squash us all like the insignificant bugs we are before its eyes, however, I don't think any of us here are planning on dying anytime soon. So I am going to have divide you all into groups just so we don't die. Leader of the rat men, you will be leading your race to set up ambushes and traps for the enemy forces. You also will be sharing information on what happens on the battlefield so we can keep track. Gorm, you and the goblins are going to have to engage in a frontal assault. Next, Sunalla, I believe you said you and your water nymphs are capable of performing water magic for healing? I'll need you guys to leave your comfort zones and move on land to support the goblin forces. I believe the Ogre Tyrant may bring a king or two with him, but we only have one king on our side and she will be coming with her forces, so the goblins will not be alone, however they will come on the actual day of warfare, so the goblins have to be well-prepared. The dryads who are incapable of participating will be providing food for our forces by simply helping them move about the forest much more easily than our opponents. Any questions?'

Sunalla raised her hand so I called her out.

"Um, what about the ogre tyrant?"

'Is that even a question? Don't we all already know the answer to that?'

I put up a bold front, but on the inside I was scared as hell. To take on someone on the level of Minerva. It's going to be hell chipping away at his HP, let alone with his defense stat and the fact that he'll be attacking me. But, according to Diane, Minerva said she would participate if I did, so I would assume that she would take care of Krull if he actually participated. The only problem was convincing Minerva to not fight him.

I had given them my orders, just like they wanted me to. I wasn't sure how they would take it, but to my surprise, they all nodded, no one disagreed.

After that, the meeting was disbanded and the rest of the days was spent preparing our forces.

Day 1 of preparations was spent spreading the information to the various races that were taking part in the self-defense. The news spread so fast that, by afternoon I spotted the races already in action, training themselves.

I stopped by the rat men today since the leader had invited me. It turns out they live underground so had he not personally brought me I wouldn't have found them. They had a whole tunnel of networks that led to every single part in the forest so that was how they heard so much information. So it was no shock when I found out that the rat men had already began to set up the traps and were training for the ambushes. They were a well-oiled machine and to be honest, it was scary.

What was even scarier was when I arrived at the rat men's base. I could see over a hundred of them constantly moving through the numerous holes in the walls. Turns out he was lying about their numbers and there were actually way more rat men in the West than he initially told us. This made me complain.

'With this many why don't you guys just go on a full blown assault?'

"You were the one who gave the orders."

He retorted as such and I felt embarrassed.

'Whatever. You'll need to move some of the rat men to join the goblins. Also, if you guys have so many tunnels can't we just use them for the transportation of our troops? We have a home field advantage, why aren't you guys using it to the best?'

"Sorry."

The rat man ended up apologizing, realizing how stupid it was to neglect that. But then I had a thought.

'You guys built all these tunnels, right?'

"Yes."

'Ok then why not build tunnels to Sunalla's river? That should make it easier for the water nymphs and guppies to join in on the battle, no?'