3 - The Feeling of Jealousy

Alice's POV

It was the weekened and I was just chilling in my room. I looked at my table and saw the camera that Frederick gave me and the picture we took together using that camera. Now that I think about it my heart keeps beating fast whenever I am around Frederick.

The way he smiles, laughs and the music he plays are beautiful. Maybe it's too selfish for me to say that I want more of it, I want him to stay by my side more but it's just my selfish desire. I can't confirm my feelings for him yet, but all I know is that I am falling for him..

If only my status were high or to be a well known person I would be with him but I'm just a regular person. I don't think I would be a good match for him or become a member of the Kreiburg family. I was lost in thought until I received a message from my phone, I grabbed my phone from the side and checked who messaged me and it was my brother orpheus.

[Message Content]

Orpheus: "Hey Alice, Watcha doing?"

Alice: "Just Chillin in my room, Why do you ask?"

Orpheus: "Well, mom asked me to give you something. So I am going to stop by your place."

Alice: "Wait.. RIGHT NOW?!?!"

Orpheus: "Well duh, I'm heading there right now. Bye"

[End of Message ]

OH CRAP! I FORGOT TO TELL FREDERICK THAT I HAVE A SIBLING!!! AND I FORGOT TO TELL MY OWN BROTHER THAT I HAVE A FRIEND STAYING HERE!!

I am so stupid. I was panicking without realizing that someone was knocking on the door and it was frederick.

"Everything alright in there Alice?" Frederick said.

"Y-yes! Everything is fine frederick!" I said in a calm tone as to not make him worried.

"Well, anyway, lunch is almost ready so you can come downstairs" he said.

"Alright" I said. "Btw, my friend is coming today and is it alright with you if he eats with us?"

"Umm sure" he said.

He walked off downstairs and left me quiet in my room. And what I said was the word "friend"... I SHOULD HAVE TOLD HIM MY BROTHER WOULD COME!!!

ugh...I am so dead by the time my brother arrives. 

Frederick's POV

I wonder why Alice was screaming in her bedroom. I was curious yet worried so I ran upstairs to check up on her but it seems like everything is under control, but I wasn't expecting a guy friend of Alice to eat with us.

Why do I have a sense of feeling that I am mad at that decision. I don't know what this feeling is... I shook off that feeling until I heard the doorbell; It's probably that FRIEND of her's.

GOD! WHY AM I LIKE THIS!?! I took a deep breath and walked up to the door. As I opened the door, I noticed that he has brown hair and black eyes. Where have I seen him before....

"Who are you?And what are you doing at my sister's place?" The guy with brown hair said.

Sister? Does he mean... Before I even asked him about it, I heard someone running downstairs. I turned around to see Alice.

"Orphy you're here!" Alice said.

"Alice, my dear sister!!" He said as he pushed me to the side and ran up to Alice for a hug.

I was stund for a second until Alice looked at me and let go of the hug.

"Btw, this is my brother Orpheus and brother, this is Frederick, a friend of mine" she said.

There is no doubt that it is him.. Orpheus DeRoss, the famous Novelist. I did hear about him but I never expected him to be Alice's brother, at first that last name does sound familiar and it hit me that she is the sister of Orpheus.

"It's nice to meet you, Sir. Orpheus. I heard about you through a friend of mine, he said that he loves your works" I said.

"The honor is mine, Mr. Frederick" he said.

"Anyways, why don't you sit by the table and have lunch. I need to call someone." I said in a calm way as to not let them know I felt embarrassed.

"Alright then!" Alice said with a smile.

I went upstairs and walked towards my room and as I entered my room. I closed the door behind me and then I put my hand on my face to cover the redness from my face. I could feel my ears turning red.

God...please help me

Alice's POV

As I saw Frederick go upstairs, I noticed that his ears were red. Was he embarrassed? Wait... DOES HE THINK THAT ORPHEUS IS SOMEONE I LIKE!??!

I tried to hide the smile on my face or in fact the laughter I was holding until Orpheus noticed it.

"You know, you're bad at hiding your emotions, right?" he said.

"Well, I can't help it. It's just funny" I said with a small giggle.

"What is funny, Alice?" Orpheus asked.

"Oh nothing, haha" I said with a smile.

I led orpheus to the table until he asked me a question.

"So, Alice, is that the guy you were talking about" he said as he sat down at the table.

So, he still remembers...

I remember telling him about Frederick a long time ago. On how he is good with music, etc. He praised him on how talented it was, but little did I know that....

"W-what are you talking about" I said.

"Sis, I know you better and what I know is that you started to develop feelings for him." He said.

It's true... I started developing feelings for him. I don't know why but whenever I am around Frederick, I feel like my world is becoming brighter.

But I know that our status is different, I hope to push my feelings aside because I don't want to hurt ourselves, I don't want to hold Frederick down.

"I do like him but our status is different. It's best to put my feelings aside" I spoke while looking down.

Orpheus sighed and stood up walking towards me. "Hey, I'll be here for you and support you no matter what decision you make. Take this time to process your decision" he said.

I turned around and hugged him. " Thank you for your advice orphy"

"I know that" he said while hugging me back.

[2 hours later]

After Orpheus left, I decided to head back to my room, as I was walking down the hallway. I saw Frederick waiting by the door, we both locked our eyes and he decided to walk towards me.

"Frederick, what are you doing there?" I spoke.

Frederick was silent for a bit until he spoke. "I want to ask you something," he said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I was going out with my friend tomorrow to see the amusement park and then he decided not to go because of personal reasons. And I was wondering if you would like to go with me instead, just the two of us" Frederick said as he showed me the two tickets to the Moonlight Amusement park.

"Of course" I said.

"Great! Then let's go there around 10:00am" He said and leaves to head back to his room.

Wait...

IS HE ASKING ME OUT ON A DATE!!? 

END OF CHAPTER 3

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧