𝟏𝟑

hallie flew down the steps and over the the back door. she threw the door open and ran down the steps. her eyes were focused on the water, trying to find her jetski. she kept running, not even realizing that someone else was there until she ran straight into them.

"shit- sorry-" she then took a step back and realized who she ran into. walker turned and faced her, but still wouldn't look at her. his eyes were locked on the two jetskis that were perfectly in their spots.

"but- leena told me-"

"she told me the same thing." he mumbled.

"why would she-?" hallie asked, looking up at walker. he shrugged and glanced down at her, then taking one last glance at the water before he moved and started walking inside.

"walker-"

"i don't wanna hear about it, hallie." he said, stopping in his tracks. "i don't wanna hear about him."

"i saw something different in you today. i don't know what it was-" hallie said. walker didn't turn around to look at her.

"you looked brighter. you looked different. i don't think it really had anything to do with you, but i think it had everything to do with me." hallie took a step closer to him, reaching for his arm. he tensed up when he felt her touch. "i think i'm-"

"-starting to love you." walker whispered. hallie felt her eyes flood with tears. walker turned around and finally met her eyes.

"i have memorized every. single. page. in that book. if you ever thought that he compared to you, you're wrong, walker. he's just my friend. he will only ever be my friend. it's only been you."

walker's hands found hallie's face. he wiped the tears that were now streaming down hallie's cheeks.

"hallie," walker whispered. "god-" he kept his  hands cupped around hallie's face. hallie choked on a sob, looking down at the ground. walker sighed a shaky breath and pulled her into a hug. hallie cried into his chest.

"i've really missed you, hal." he said into her ear, now letting his tears fall. "so much."

"you can't leave me again." hallie mumbled into his chest, sniffling. he pulled her back so he could look in her eyes.

"whenever i go, you go." he said, wrapping his arms around her. hallie stared right back in his eyes, wiping the tears off of both of their faces. "i'm never gonna leave you again."

"you better not."

they both laughed through their tears. they held each other tightly, as if they let go the other would disappear.

"you've gotten so much taller." hallie said. he chuckled and pulled them over to the edge of the dock.

"you've grown too, hal. don't be that jealous." he sat down on the edge, patting the spot next to him. hallie sat next to him and laid her head on his shoulder.

"i'm not jealous." she said, wiping her nose. walker sighed happily and laid his head on top of hers. they watched the sun go down. after it went dark, the backyard lights automatically turned on.

hallie sat up and looked at walker. the way the dim lights hit his face made him look beautiful. he looked right back at hallie, likely thinking the same thing about her.

"walker-"

"be quiet, hal." he whispered. he glanced around her face before his eyes landed on her lips. hallie smiled softly and looked in his eyes. "i really missed you."

"i missed you, walk." she replied. she turned so she was completely facing him and crossed her legs. he did the same thing, and he grabbed her hands. he held them up to his face and kissed her hands.

"you really kept my notebook?" he asked. hallie laughed and held his face.

"it's upstairs in my room right now."

"no way."

"do you want to see? do you need proof??" she joked.

"um, yes." he stood up, helping her up with him.

"you can't just take my word?"

walker shook his head and pulled her along with him, into the house and up the stairs. when the back door opened everyone in the house went silent. they all watched hallie and walker giggle and push each other up the steps.

"you owe me 20." leena whispered to heather.

"i really didn't think your text would work." heather whispered back. the two girls giggled and watched the two in love kids laugh up the stairs.

"look, it's right here." hallie said, holding up the book. walker gasped and took it from her hands. he flipped through the pages, remembering all of the words he once wrote.

"why did you bring it with you?" he asked. hallie shrugged.

"i bring it everywhere i go. it was like having you with me." hallie said. walker sighed, setting the book down. he took a step over to hallie and kissed her head, then hugged her.

"god, i love you, hallie."

hallie looked up at him with wide eyes. it quickly dissolved into a bright smile. she hugged him tightly, giggling like a little girl.

"i love you, walker." she said. he picked her up and spun her around in a circle. he then stopped spinning but continued to hold her. he looked at her with the widest smile, and she did the same. she cupped his face in her hands and held it.

"no, like- i really love you." he said one more time. hallie grinned even wider. they both took in each other, memorizing every part of the other person's face.

"can i-" hallie was cut off by walker's lips. he kissed her deeply, finally setting her down. his hands found her waist and her hands stayed on his cheeks. she tensed up in surprise at first but immediately melted into him. he let go of her lips and stared into her eyes.

"you didn't even let me ask." she said.

"you didn't need to."

they both laughed and hugged each other again.

after 10 months, they were finally together. they were finally back to being walker and hallie.
they were finally each others.

no matter what happens, their love will always come back to the lake house.

****

OKAY. OKAY. OKAY.

ITS OVER!!!!

I HOPE THIS WAS AS GOOD AS THE IMAGINES. I CANT THANK YALL ENOUGH FOR ALL OF THE LOVE AND SUPPORT IVE GOTTEN HERE AND ON MY IMAGINES BOOK!!! I LOVE YALL <3

HOPEFULLY TWO BONUS CHAPTERS WILL BE ADDED SOON. MAYBE TONIGHT. IVE BEEN ON MY GRIND TODAY.

I LOVE YALL BYE BYE