5 - I should've stayed in bed

THE FIRST THING Izuku heard as he basically stumbled out of the school doors was a loud whistle and Iida shouting orders. He mentally groaned as he straightened himself up and followed the rest of the class as they filed into two lines to board the bus. He fell into line according to his number and boarded the bus only to see an open seating plan, completely fucking Iida's plan. He chuckled to himself at the realization and took an open seat at the front of the bus, Sato and Tsu took the spots on either side of him and Kirishima sat next to Tsu at the end of the row. Kaminari, Aoyama, Mina and Iida sat in the row across from them while everyone else settled into the seats at the back of the bus. Izuku relaxed into his seat and played with his chest plate as he halfheartedly listened to Iida complain about his plan being ruined.

"Hey Midoriya," Tsu started and Izuku looked over at her, "you know your quirk is kinda like Hawks'." Izuku hummed in agreement.

"Yeah but honestly I think mine is cooler," He grinned as Mina giggled across the aisle.

"I bet it's cool to have a fire type quirk, you can do a lot of flashy stuff with it," Kirishima commented with a smile before holding his arm out and activating his quirk, "my hardening is super strong and can destroy bad guys in a fight but it doesn't look all that impressive."

Izuku scrunched up his face, "no way man, it looks cool as hell!" Kirishima seemed to lighten up looking from Izuku to his arm.

"Really? You think so?" He looked back to Izuku, "seems like I could be a popular hero if I had a flashier quirk."

"Do you plan on being a good hero?" Izuku questioned and Kirishima gained a confused look before nodding, "then having a flashy quirk doesn't matter. Your quirk is great for close range combat and protecting civilians, you have to look for the positives and strengths rather than negatives and weaknesses when it comes to your powers." Kirishima hung on every word before a large grin took over his face.

"You're right Midoriya!" He leaned over Tsu and pat Izuku's shoulder. Izuku just smiled softly with a hum, "you know if any of our classmates have pro quirks it'd be Bakugou and Todoroki, and you too Midoriya." Kirishima commented looking towards the two boys seated in the back of the bus, Todoroki looked confused while Katsuki scoffed and looked out the window.

"Sure, but Bakugou is always angry so he'll never be that popular," Tsu countered making Izuku snort.

"WHAT'D YOU SAY-" Katsuki shot up from his seat and started shouting making Izuku laugh even harder while half his classmates looked at Tsu with a 'do you have a Deathwish?' look, Tsu was unbothered smiling at Izuku. Denki joined in and picked on him too, ok maybe Izuku could fit in with this class.

"Hey, hey, we're here." Aizawa called gaining the classes attention and stopping the commotion.

-

Izuku stood in the middle of the group of students listening to 13 greet them, she looked towards him and he offered a small smile before she ushered them inside, Izuku fell to the back of the group knowing 13 would approach him as the rest of the students walked into the facility.

"So you got in, congratulations Izuku!" 13 gushed falling into step with him, he grinned with a nod, "you'll have to tell me all about it before you leave today!" Izuku promised her he's find her before he left for the day

His classmates looked around in amazement as they entered just like Izuku did his first time visiting, though he was still amazed every time he trained here. 13 explained all the zones and the meaning behind USJ which kinda took the wind out of the students sails but soon enough 13 was explaining the power of quirks making Izuku and Kirishima glace at each other with small smiles. Izuku and most of the class cheered as 13 took a bow, Aizawa called attention only for the lights to start short circuiting. This wasn't part of the simulation, Izuku looked to 13 who looked around as other parts of the facility started malfunctioning. Izuku's eyes were pulled away from 13 to a black mist appearing in front of the water fountain. Ok, that definitely wasn't part of the simulation, what the fuck is going on.

"Stay together and don't move, 13 protect the students!" Aizawa ordered, Izuku's classmates were confused while Izuku closed his eyes and formed his chest plate as usual. It was becoming easier to do and much faster, steadying himself he let his wings out and readied himself for a fight. He caught 13's eye and joined her at the front.

"Midoriya, Aizawa said stay together!" Iida shouted while Kirishima pointed down to the fountain.

"Woah what is that thing?" The class looked down to see multiple people emerge from the dark mist and Izuku only had one thought on his mind, I should've stayed in bed.

-

"You have to be prepared for anything," Hawks shouted as multiple 'villains' advanced on Izuku in the center of the fighting pit. Izuku had only been training for a few days, but everyday the difficulty level multiplied.

"This seems a bit much," Inko commented, worry sped across her face.

"We want to make sure he's safe out there, these are safe simulations of what being a hero is like," Rhea reassured resting her hand on Inko's shoulder with a comforting smile. they were standing in a watch box about the training facility grounds watching Izuku through the windows and the screens of TVs scattered across the room. Inko nodded and continued watching as Izuku evaded attacks and got punches in where he could. Izuku let out a yelp as his arm was slashed with a knife, when the fuck did they get weapons? Izuku gripped his arm and felt his blood pool against his hand as he roundhouse kicked the perpetrator in the jaw, knocking him unconscious immediately. "Training him to be safe." Rhea reiterated when Inko gasped in shock.

-

"Has the training started already? I thought we were rescuing people?" Kirishima questioned stepping forward.

"Stay back!" Aizawa shouted to the class, "this is real, those are villains." He put on his goggles as he stared down at the crowd of people forming.

"The only real heroes I see are 13 and Eraserhead, perplexing, the schedule we retrieved from UA said All Might should be here as well." The mist spoke? what the fuck is happening right now? Izuku crouched covering his body with one wing while keeping the other up, ready to shoot feathers at any second.

"So you scum bags used the press as a cover and sneaked onto campus." Aizawa called as villains continued pouring out of the mist. The main villain with a monster looking thing behind him sighed.

"Where is he? I went through the trouble of bringing so many friends who are eager to meet him." His voice was scratchy like sandpaper and his appearance didn't help, why the hands? Izuku thought. "They want All Might, the great symbol of peace, I can't believe he's not here. Maybe if I kill a few kids he'll come out to play."

As Aizawa's capture weapon shot up Izuku grimaced and thought, yup, definitely should have stayed in bed.