[EP 20] We Love You KL, We Do!

They were so concentrated on pulling one another's legs and I was so busy laughing that none of us noticed another person walking in; The only person who was left to reveal himself.

The person came in walked upto the canteen, while others were shouting, gossiping, having fun inside.

Person: Ehem...

I looked back and involuntarily stood up bcz of how huge fan I was of this person.

My heartbeat froze, breathing stopped, I became a living statue

My heartbeat froze, breathing stopped, I became a living statue. Others also turned their necks and were overjoyed.

Hardik: *low voice* Man, he is blinding!

Ishan: *awed, not even blinking* He is the true definition of grace.

Gill: Lagta hai bhai aaj beauty sleep complete karke hi ghar se nikle hai.

Rohit himself walks forward and embraces him.

Rohit: Athiya aayi hai?

KL: Haan, firmhouse pe ruke hai hum.

Virat was so overwhelmed to see KL after so long time that he just stood there looking at him and smiling.

Looking at Virat, KL also smiled and leaned forward for an embrace

Looking at Virat, KL also smiled and leaned forward for an embrace. Two kings!

Virat: Welcome back to the team, man! I.... really don't know how to express myself right now...

KL: I get it. *smiles* Anushka kaisi hai?

Virat: Bohut achchi hai. Tumhe bohut miss karti hai. Mumbai aayi hai, aaj hi mil lena.

KL: Okay.

I know quite about the personal lives of these amazing people from the media and magazines; so I could feel how Virat and KL are connected emotionally and how Virat and Anushka have helped KL in going through his hardships.

Other guys also hugged him and it became a big group hug. It could be easily understood that KL Rahul is very dear to everyone in the team.

I loved how they were happy at his arrival, and as a fan, watching this moment to come alive right in front of my eyes was a huge deal for me; I took a snap of their group hug. While looking at the snap, tears of happiness rolled down my eyes unknowingly. I carefully wiped them, so that no one could see. But I did not notice that KL noticed.

I walked a bit away from them and stood in the balcony alone.

I looked at the group snap again

I looked at the group snap again. How peaceful it was to stare at!

KL, after greeting and talking to the guys, stepped in the balcony. I heard footsteps coming in my direction--

 I heard footsteps coming in my direction--

I turned back and I was surprised. Watching him standing right before my eyes, I wanted to express how much I admired him both as a sportsman and the person he is; and since my adolescence I have followed his journey as if it was my own. I wanted to tell him how happy I was to watch him come back to his best form and return to the national team like the King he is.

But I could not spell a single word out of my mouth.

Has it ever happened to you that you have so many emotions trapped inside that words can barely express them?

I remained silent, but eyes didn't.

And thus without even hearing a single word from me, I think KL understood everything.

And.... He smiled so beautifully that nothing between the heaven and earth could hold back my tears. He came forward and put his hand on my head.

KL: Mujhe nahi pata tum kaun ho, par lagta hai tumhe main barso se jaanta hoon. Aisa kyu lag rha hai jaise kisi apne se bohut din ke baad mil raha hu? *smiles* Kaun ho tum mere? Jab sab aake haske gale mil rhe hai, tum iss kone mein khade hoke akele humare tasveer ko dekh rhi ho, akhon se darya beh rha hai... Kaun ho? Kya main jaanta hu tumhe?

Me: *lowering my eyes, fearing they'll overflow* Aap mujhe jaante hain, sir. 17 Nov 2016, Visakhapatnam mein England ke khilaf jab 0 run pe out huye the tab bhi hum the, jab 16 Dec ussi England ke khilaf Chennai mein India ko 199 diya tab bhi wahi the. Aap ke ODI debut wali century se lekar aap ki career ki har success, har failure, har record, har comeback ki diwaani rahi hu, sir. Aap ki career ki shuruat se ab iss lamhe tak maine sirf mehsus hi nahi kiya, maine jiya hai, sir. Hum aapke nazron mein na sahi, aap hamesha humare duaon mein rahe hai.

I could see tears gathering at the corner of his eyes.

Me: *looking at him, tears rolling, can't help* Sir, when you play for the country, in the middle of the match do you ever look at the crowd in stadium, shouting, cheering your name, praying for you, rooting for you... Don't you feel the embrace of unconditional love radiating from the crowd even if you are standing about a hundred meters away from them? *voice breaks* You asked if you knew me... Yes, you do know me, sir..... I AM the crowd.

KL: *smiles with tears in eyes* So... That is why you seemed so familiar!

Me: I know I am in no one to tell you this, but the team is blessed to have you back. The crowd is blessed to watch you on the strike again. *pause & sob* I really missed you, sir.

My vision was so blurred that I didn't know the other guys were also standing near, most of them in tears. KL was still hugging me, keeping his chin on my head.

Me: Aap ko pata hai bachpan se mere room mein aapka itnaaaa bada ek poster hai... *sobs like a child* Kabhi nahi pata tha ke sach mein ek din aap ke saath mulaqat hogi.

KL: *looks at Rohit and smiles* Can I adopt her?

Rohit: *smiles* Well...

KL: *smiles* Please?

#Thanks for reading!
#Not a native hindi speaker, so forgive mistakes.
#Sorry again for Hinglish, bcz plain English can't bring out the vibe!
#No hatred towards any celebrity.
#Enjoy!!!