3- Secrets.

Something was off. Something in the hospital, with Carslile- but it didn't root itself there. It was something at his home, with one of his children. 

He held his normal smile and posture out in the halls, but in my room, where there were only a few secrets, he slouched with weight and sighed in pain. 

"What's wrong?" I asked, finally. 

"Nothing." He almost growled. 

"Please tell me." I begged, my mobility getting better every day. 

"Something doesn't look right in your recent scans." He mused, holding the black scans against the light. 

"Is that what's been bothering you?"I asked, hoping to catch him slipping up. 

"No. I just saw these. Edward and Bella are together, and it's causing some- issues, at home." He spoke low, his tenor voice filled my small room. 

"She's a nice girl, though." I sighed, confused by the families animosity against Bella. 

"She is nice. She and Edward have a long way to go." He turned, finally looking me in the eye. "I really don't like the look of these." He said as he waived the scans around. 

"What's wrong with them?" I asked. 

"It looks like there's a perforation in your small intestine, something we missed both times we were in there. I think we need to perform surgery tomorrow morning." He moved closer to me, pointing out a little black mass on the scan, his voice getting more frantic by the second. 

"Oh." I whispered. 

"Edie?" He asked, his voice sounded hazed, like he was walking away even though I could see him walking towards me. 

My vision blurred, and I think I was trying to talk,  but nothing was coming out. I fell back on the bed, and watched as the world turned dark. 

-

She fell back on the bed. Carslile rushed, in insane speed, to her side. 

"We need nurses in here now!" He screamed as he started pushing medication into her tubes. 

"What can I do?" A nurse asked as she rushed into the room. 

"Hold this." He raised his voice. "Clear!" He shouted as he pushed the paddles onto her chest. 

"BP is dropping." A nurse spoke. 

"Clear!" He shouted. He tried three more times before Edie finally had a pulse, which was weak at best. 

"Dr. Cullen," The nurse spoke. "There's an OR prepped and ready for her." She motioned to the scan, which he threw to the ground. 

"Right. I'm going to go scrub." He stalked out of the room, and down the hallway, fearing the coice he was being presented with. Fearing the choice Edie was being presented with, and she didn't even know it. 

-

"I can't get a hold on this." He spoke low, sweat beaded on his brow bone. "Can someone clamp this?" He asked, motioning to the open bowl segment. 

Another doctor pushed forward and clamped the section. Carslile started making his way through the section, looking for the leak that caused this whole mess, the leak that he missed when he was in here before. 

"Her BP is dropping." The anastesiologist spoke. 

"Okay. Let me get through this last sectio-" He stopped speaking when the machines started rapidly beeping, a nonsymphonic array of chaos. He picked up his pace, frantically pushing sections of her bowel around, hoping to see the leak or feel something, hoping he didn't have to make this coice for her.