6. Manners

"It looks like the dog hasn't learnt his manners yet." Maria chuckled.

"I apologize for their behavior, it was I who hadn't taught them well." Roxana said, taking the blame.

"I don't blame you." Maria's eyes squinted a bit, looking directly at Cale. "I would've acted the same way in that situation."

'What does she mean by that?' Cale got annoyed by her words and staring.

"I think we should leave now." Roxana stood up from her chair.

"So soon?" Maria asked.

Roxana nodded. "I apologize for the inconvenience. I don't think we could continue after what my "dog" has done."

Maria got up from her chair as well. "No, no, it's fine. So please stay!"

"I have to go teach some manners to my pets." Roxana was as stern as her eyes that looked down at Maria intimately.

"Well- well if you insist." Maria backed up.

"Let's go." Roxana called out for Cale and Cassis to follow her.

Just as Cale was about to leave the table, Deon grabbed his wrist. Cale looked back out of reflex.

"What do you want?" A hint of confusion and annoyance in Cale's tone.

Deon smiled. "Let's meet another time, I'll arrange a date for it." He was still holding onto Cale's wrist, making sure he didn't run away.

Cale looked at him dumbfounded. "What?" He said blankly.

"I'll send a servant to inform you of the scheduled time." He told him. "Don't try to escape." Deon spoke in a threatening tone for the last bit of words he randomly spat out.

There was a moment of silence, as if everything moving had stopped.

"Wait what—

Cale was about to refute but Cassis had beat him to it.

Cassis moved in front of Cale, blocking their way. "How could you force him to attend something without getting his consent!" Cassis yelled.

"Like I said before, this has nothing to do with you so mind your own business." Deon glared intensely at him.

"This is my business, Cale is—is..." Cassis paused for a second, as if he was thinking. "He's my fr-friend..." The last word was weak, it seemed he didn't want to admit that part.

Deon chuckled a bit in amusement, "what was that last part? I didn't hear you. You should speak up."

Cassis was caught off guard, "wha-what?.. he's—he's..." Cassis was still hesitating.

Deon scoffed at his reactions.

Cale furrowed his brows before sighing. Taking a big risk, "I'll do it." He said strongly, "I'll meet up with you."

"Great, then I'll see you later." Deon flashed a small smile before leaving the grounds.

"I seriously can't understand you, Cale." Roxana seemed somewhat wary but worried. Wary of Deon or the situation Deon got Cale into?

Cale ignored her.

.
.
.
.

Knock knock knock.

Three knocks on the door. Must've been a servant, Roxana doesn't knock before entering.

Wait.. a servant?! Was it finally time for that day! The day when Cale receives the scheduled date for his meet-up with Deon! Cale panicked.