concealer

I tried to ignore my face, turning red.

Enzo.

My neighbour.

And a potential robber.

Looking directly at me with no expression on his face.

He wasn't scared, sad, happy, or anything.

Maybe a bit worried.

I said, maybe.

He seemed pale.

Scarily pale.

There was a tall, attractive asian guy behind him, and he was also looking at me.

But thankfully, he looked like he had human emotions.

He had a playful smile on his face.

"Hey babe." That guy called me trying to get my attention.

"Uhm, hi?" Is all I managed to say, while my eyes were still attached to Enzo's face, who was clearly avoiding eye contact with me.

I tried to scan it for a sign of bruises.

But there was nothing.

Which was weird.

I was almost sure he was the same guy from earlier today.

"Why don't you come here so we can talk." He suggested giving me a big smile.

Honestly, I was creeped out.

But my very smart self went in anyway.

I managed to fit in my window and then held into the wall to jump in Enzo's room.

It was still empty, contact some boxes.

Obviously, since they just moved in.

"So what do you want to tell me?" I asked, expecting the usual 'don't you dare tell anyone about what you saw today.' talk.

"You're really pretty. You could be a model. Have you thought about that?" The guy tried to flirt with, and I was not having it.

I was not having it because my own neighbour hasn't said a word yet.

Hello? I'm literally in his room while he's not even the one who invited me.

"Eh, thanks." I blurted, scanning the room.

And I stopped once I saw a concealer on the desk.

"And you could be my makeup artist. Why do you have a concealer?" I was supposedly talking with blondie but obviously addressing the question to Enzo.

"For my sister." He answered, trying to sound serious.

"Ellie?" Blonde guy asked.

"Yes, Tam, Ellie." Enzo repeated, punching him with his elbow.

"Ohhhhh, yes, Ellie." I suppose Noah went along with him. "His sister Ellie." He continued looking at me and moving his head up and down.

"Okayyyy, well, I need to go, goodnight!" I tried to make myself look like I believed them, then I went up to Enzo and gave him a hug.

He didn't move at first, but then he gave me a little tap on my shoulder.

Once he did, I let go and put his face into my hand, rubbing his cheek.

Then, I saw the concealer come off revealing four scars from obviously my beloved nails.

But I couldn't tell if the redness around it was from the scar itself or him blushing.