𝟎𝟓: 𝐕𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞.

Luna Moreales was no fool, and as her daughter stood before her with the amount of money, and stocks that she did—she knew something was up

The two sat at their kitchen table, Luna with a glass of wine in hand. She knew her daughter better than anyone, she knew her daughter participated in illegal activities just like her father. Although she didn't condone it, she knew her daughter was the best.

"Mija, your father is dead. Don't put yourself in danger. If I lose you I don't know what I'd do with myself." She pleaded, grabbing her daughter's soft, yet cold hand.

Kyrei squeezed her mother's hand, empathy was something she lacked. She loved her mother dearly, but her father was the reason she acted the way she did—and her mother allowed it. "I'll tell you what you should do."

"Go after who ever the fuck took me out. And that'll be a long time coming mami, I don't see myself going anywhere any time soon." Kyrei admitted, taking a bite of the fresh croissant their chef: Alyssa made from scratch.

"What did you do for this money, mija?"

Kyrei broke her gaze away from her mother's, she wanted to forget about what she did for the money but she couldn't seem to shake it. The heist she committed was a dangerous one, and Luciano could be looking for her as they speak.

Taking another bite of the croissant, Kyrei threw her mother fake smile. "Don't worry about it mami, just know that it's enough to hold us over for a while."

Sighing, Luna took a sip of her coffee. Shooting her daughter a look, she folded up the newspaper she held in hand. "You risking your safety, is not worth the money. mente sobre materia! Mind over matter mija, I hate that your father made you this way—"

"My father didn't 'make' me this way." Kyrei used her hands to make quotation marks. "I became this way when at the age of sixteen, I was almost gunned down by Atticus Parker. Atticus Parker made me this way. You wanna know who else made me this way? Uncle Tommy. So please, please stop with the 'papi made me this way' no this world made me this way!"

Luna couldn't do anything but sigh, her daughter has been through more than one can handle. She's lucky her daughter isn't out here doing way worse, like she used to.

All Luna could do was pray, pray that how ever her baby got this money didn't put her life in danger. Kyrei was all she had left, and she'd die if her daughter did.

"I just want you to be safe baby, okay? And don't ever speak to me in that tone ever again. I don't give a fuck how mad you are." Wiping her mouth with a napkin, Luna extended her arms to her daughter. "Now come here, and give me a hug."

Kyrei smiled, getting up from her chair. Making her way towards her mother, she embraced her. Kyrei didn't know if what she did would come back to haunt her, but as of right now she didn't care.