Equipment

Equipment can include armor, weapons, consumables, and gadgets.

■ Armor

Armor will determine how much damage your character can ignore with their Armor class being affected by the Armor they wear. There are three types of armor: Light, Medium, and Heavy.

● Light Armor

Light Armor allows you to add your dexterity modifier to your Armor class while wearing it, though you can only add up to a maximum of five on your dexterity modifier.

● Medium Armor

Medium Armor allows you to add your dexterity modifier to your Armor class while wearing it, though you can only add up to a maximum of two on your dexterity modifier. Medium Armor also grants disadvantage on stealth.

● Heavy Armor

Heavy Armor has a set amount of Armor you gain from it and grants disadvantage on stealth. Most heavy armor has a strength stat requirement to wear without being slowed.

■ Weapons

Weapons determine your damage output as well as other factors. There are five different types of weapons: Martial Melee, Simple Melee, Martial Ranged, Simple Ranged, and Improvised.

● Martial Melee

Advanced weapons that most weapon users are proficient in. Includes longblades, warhammers, katanas, sai, etc.

● Simple Melee

Easy-to-use weapons that most are proficient in. Includes knives, unarmed strikes, etc.

● Martial Ranged

Advanced weapons that most weapon users are proficient in. They can also be used up to long distances. Includes rifles, crossbows, longbows, etc.

Each ranged weapon will have two values like 100/400. The first value is the distance a weapon can make an attack from while the second value is the distance beyond that grants disadvantage on the weapons attack roll.

● Simple Ranged

Easy-to-use weapons that most are proficient in. They can also be used up to medium distances. Includes pistols, shurikens, kunai, grenades, etc.

Each ranged weapon will have two values like 100/400. The first value is the distance a weapon can make an attack from while the second value is the distance beyond that grants disadvantage on the weapons attack roll.

● Other

Weapons may also have certain effects or features.

• Versatile

This means the weapon may be used with two hands to increase damage output.

• Light

This means the weapon may be dual wielded.

• Two-Handed

This means the weapon requires two hands to wield.

• Heavy

This means the weapon requires at least 20 Strength to wield without disadvantage on attack rolls.

• Loading

This means the weapon requires an action to reload.

• Reach

This means the weapon can make a melee attack from 10 feet rather than 5 feet.

■ Tools

Tool kits are used to perform actions that can't be executed using only hands, such as engineering or cooking. When using a tool kit, you must roll a d20 and, if proficient, add your proficiency bonus to the roll, otherwise it's just a base roll. Having a low roll on a tool kit doesn't have to be a failure, it can just be unimpressive, though this is up to your GM.

■ Gadgets

Gadgets are special tools that can be used in different scenarios, such as grappling hooks. When using a gadget, you must roll a d20 and, if proficient, add your proficiency bonus to the roll, otherwise it's just a base roll. Having a low roll on a gadget doesn't have to be a failure, it can just be unimpressive, though this is up to your GM.