⋆。°✩ Chapter 12: Jealousy (Jane) ⋆。°✩

This might be a weird time to say this, but I'm going to anyway, because as I look at Leon, it brings me back.

Although I have had my fair share of boyfriends, and even one time, a girlfriend, I've never been the one to ask them out. I've always been an introvert, but it was never up to the point that I couldn't just forget all my morals for a few seconds and ask "I like you, do you want to go out?" 

It had always been just a simple question, and then a yes or no answer.

It's not to say I haven't been rejected but usually I know my limits and steer clear from people I know I can't get, to save myself from the heartbreak.

I don't really mind if someone says no.

But one thing that has always been nagging at me in the back of my head is the fact that no one has ever asked me out.

It might be because people are too scared, or, more simply, they just really didn't care about me at all until I asked them.

Or maybe it was just a little crush, and those were all probably proven with breakups.

I've seen many different looks on people's faces while they've been dating me, and what Leon looks like, is not one of them.

I'm sitting here, legs falling asleep, staring at Leon's surprised expression. It's a mix between disgust and anger, and I can't quite tell why in the world he looks like that.

I've seen this expression in strangers, looking off into the distance at someone, or something. But I can't quite put my finger on what it means.

"Then who is this person?" He asks. "Do you have their number? Do you guys talk?"

I look at him, confused. Why was he asking these kinds of questions. "Of course I have their number. The last time we talked was today morning, and I really should text them now, and tell them I might actually have a chance getting into this thing!" Pulling out my phone, I find her contact.

"So they're also trying to get into the trip? But it's overnight..." He mumbled. Moving his chair to my side, he peeks over my shoulder. "I want to see them."

I hide my phone from him. "Hey, why are you looking at my phone? I have private info on here!" I try to tease him.

Instead of what I meant to do, his expression darkens. "Give me your phone."

"Why do you want it?" I hold it out of his reach.

He leaps up, hands flailing in the air, trying to get my phone. 

I look at him with horror and amusement. I didn't mean for things to go like this. I thought he'd just give up. But before I can do anything, he grabs it roughly out of my hand and I wince.

Without even looking at me, his eyes dart back and forth, face focused. Although I'm furious at him, I can't help but gawk. 

He's attractive, and it's a fact. Not an opinion. I wish that I could be able to describe him better, but no words can do him justice.

"Ah," I look back at my hand. Leon did look pretty strong, and when he had grabbed my hand it left a red mark. 

Just as I groan, thinking about whether it was bad enough to leave a scar, or if it would fade a way, Leon's eyes dart back to me, and then my hand. His mouth opens with horror. 

"Jane," He grabs my hand again, this time more gently, dropping my phone on the table. "Are you alright?" He looks frantically around the room. "Do you need anything to treat it? I might have a first aid kit somewhere around here."

I can't help but feel warmth inside of me as he tries so hard to fix it. It almost makes me forgive him for taking my phone. Almost. But not quite. "Leon...thank you for your concern," I say curtly. "But I'm quite fine. I don't think that I'll need any treatment, but enough about that." I wave it off. "Why did you take my phone?"

He pouts in such an adorable way I can't help but stifle a giggle. "I'm sorry Jane. Please forgive me."

Although we aren't even that close, there's just something in the air that tells me to act like myself. Something that tells me he won't care. Something that tells me he'll still be by my side. But it's too early for that, right? I should be just thinking of getting a job, or getting into college. I can't help it, I really can't. Love is blind, isn't it?

I try my best to be stern. "Leon, you're avoiding the topic. Why did you take my phone?"

Staying silent, he looks up at me.

I look back at him.

He looks back at me.

Without saying anything, I start to pack up.

He jumps up, surprised. "What are you doing?"

I return that smirk that he always gives me, or at least I try to. "It's getting late, I have to go home, otherwise my parents will think I've been kidnapped by a strange man."

"But why are you leaving so soon?" He tugs on my sleeve. "Stay a bit."

"I'll stay for longer next time I come here to work, if you tell me why you took my phone."

That shuts him up.

Once I finish packing up, I walk to the front door.

He follows me, silent, footsteps echoing in the large room.

It feels so very awkward now.

"Well then, bye!" I say uncomfortably. 

He stares at me with those big brown eyes and I almost break and say that I would live here forever if he let me, but I can't.

Opening the door, I leave. I can't help but look back, and he waves at me, smiling.

I speed-walk to my car as fast as I can.

Once I'm in it, I can feel my face flush up from all those pent up emotions that I was holding in at his house. 

"What the hell was that?" I ask myself, smiling like a weirdo. "What was that?"

⋆。°✩

Jane, you can do it! 

Thanks for reading <3

⋆。°✩