Avengers - Torn

"Some prefer the word... vigilantes" the Secretary of State looks around the table, staring at the Avengers.

"And what word would you use, Mr. Secretary?" Natasha smiles falsely, leaning forward on her elbows.

Sofia looks down, the feeling of Tony's eyes burning into her skull makes her shiver, as the man who's currently lecturing them sighs heavily.

"How about "dangerous"? What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?" Secretary Ross shrugs his shoulders smugly.

Steve shakes his head at the remark, clenching his fist as the screen turns on in the corner.

"New York" the man points to the videos.

The team stares at the screen awkwardly, recalling a series of events where nothing seems to go right.

"Washington DC" secretary Ross changes the subject.

"Lagos..." the man sighs, and wandas breath catches in her throat as she looks down.

Rhodey looks over his shoulder to see Tony sat with an unamused express and folded arms.

Sofia slouches in her chair slightly, "Croatia" secretary ross turns to look the youngest avenger.

Sofia instantly sits up again, looking around at everyone who seems just as confused as she is, "hydra made me do that!" She stands up angrily.

"Sof..." Sam reaches his hand out, pulling her to sit back down.

"That's not fair..." Sofia looks at Sam and shakes her head.

"It's okay" he smiles weakly before looking back to the Secretary of State.

Steve shakes his head, "okay, that's enough" he frowns at the man.

"For the past four years, you've operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate. But I think we have a solution..." secretary ross slides a thick book over to wanda.

Sofia grits her teeth as she folds her arms and ignores the book as it's passed along to her, until Steve slides it over to himself.

Zoning out, the rest of the meeting drags in, although Sofia didn't listen to a word the man said.

The thoughts of the pain and agony caused by herself makes her want to crawl in a hole and die...

~

"Don't come back until every last one of them is dead"

"No witnesses, no survivors"

"You're a mercenary, this is your job. Pack up the tears and get your suit on"

"Look at what you did... now that is something to be proud of"

"You see that? Red. Get used to it"