Chapter 3: Rules

I lay in my bed with conflicted thoughts about what my best friend had said.

Ugh, I'm not gonna sleep, am I? I thought to myself. I stood up from my bed and walked out from the inn. Past the sleeping innkeeper, Kodah. The Zora who loved Mipha.

"Hello Prince Link," said one of the guards, bowing his head quickly. The other saluted me. I simply dipped my chin at them.

I dived into the water and swam to the waterfall that led to the pristine sanctuary where former King Dorephan was staying.

I climbed up the ladder and saw Muzu staring at me. I stared back. "Well!? Don't just stare Prince Link! What do you want this late!?" Muzu snapped.

"Calm down, Muzu," a voice boomed. "He is welcome here day or night." It said. "Hello, Link."

"King Dorephan," I said, bowing. He laughed. "You mean former king just call me Dorephan. Or......father." He said with a sad smile.

I returned the favor and looked away as my eyes watered. "Mipha was......a great hero." Muzu said sadly.

"A hero who risked her life to save Hyrule. And........lost it, " I said, closing my eyes. "Ah, you think of her again?" Dorephan asked.

"Yes," I said, looking down. "I suppose Sidon has given you a pep talk." He said with a small smile. "Yeah, he did. It's just that.... I wish I knew more about her. I mean, I remember her from my childhood. I just wish I had more time." I said.

"Perhaps you can, Link." He said. "What do you mean?" I asked, confused. "Just follow me," He said, standing up from his throne.

We stood over the east resovoir lake. Dorephan towering over me and Muzu.

"All right, Link. Muzu, you tell him the rules." Dorephan said to his advisor. "Rules?" I asked, confused.

Muzu rolled his eyes. "This is extremely dangerous, you know your Majesty," Muzu said. "He could get lost in the travel or get stuck in her -"

"Enough, Muzu. He is the Champion of Hyrule and Sage of Light. Better yet, our prince. He can handle it, " He said to him.

"Uhh, what are you two talking about?" I asked. Muzu turns to me. "Alright, listen up." He said.

" Number 1! You mustn't tell anyone you aremfrom the future, " Muzu said sternly.

"Wait, what are you talking ab-?"

"NUMBER 2! You mustn't say anything of the present. Or future from your perspective. Very important."

"But I-"

"NUMBER 3! Most important rule" He annunciated important. "When in her mind DO NOT! Do anything in there! Simply watch. Do not interfere at ALL. " He said.

"And I think that's it." King Dorephan announced, clasping his hands together and looking me in the eyes.

"Wait, what are you gonna-?" I started. He unclaimed his hands, picked me up, and threw me into the lake. I stared at him in absolute shock as I fell. "May the goddess protect you my son in law" He whispered.

And then, I plunged in. My eyesight was blurry for a second but I swear I saw and felt something.

 My eyesight was blurry for a second but I swear I saw and felt something

Mipha? I thought with a panicked expression. And just as quick as she appeared, she was gone.

And then the darkness came.