𝑨 𝑺𝒐𝒏 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝑨 𝑺𝒐𝒏 𝑷𝒕-1

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!"

The cold brisk air of the North nipped Luke's rosy cheeks. It had been eight years since the night he took his uncle's eye and was sent to the Wall. The small scared little boy was now a tall teenager with raging anger. well sometimes. He wasn't angry all the time. Sometimes the men here pissed him off and toyed with him. they knew better. Lucerys was sent to the Wall with a letter stating he would be released back to the custody of his mother in ten years. He still has two left. He felt as if he would go insane.

The only thing he was able to bring with him to the Wall was his baby dragon. He assumed Alicent let him bring Arrax in hopes the dragon would die due to the change in environment. it did not. Arrax grew at a rapid rate and turned more into a pearl-white color. The massive dragon nested near the wall but never flew over. He heard stories of Queen Alysanne flying in the North with Silverwing but that dragon also refused to fly over the wall.

He didn't think it a coincidence but if the dragons don't want to go over then it must be a good reason. Lucerys sat beside his dragon and read a book from the maesters here. it didn't take long for him to start to hear yells.

"Lord of Winterfell is here!"

a roar of dragon erupted above them. Arrax roared at the sound of the dragon and immediately went into a protective stance in front of his rider. a bright green dragon, much smaller than Arrax, landed in front of them. Arrax was already agitated with the arrival of this dragon and its rider.

"Arrax! stop!" Luke yelled trying to get out from beneath him. When he did he held a hand to his snout to calm him down. turning around he saw the brunette rider get off and face him.

"Jace?" he whispered.

Another roar left Arrax as if he were angry with Vermax. the other dragon roared back at him. if the dragons were going to get into it, Arrax would win. no doubt.

"What are you doing here?" Luke asked his brother as he stepped closer to him. He tried not to take too much notice of how more handsome he was now. Curly brown hair, sharp jawline, and broad shoulders. You look so much like him.

"You haven't heard?" Jace replied. Gods and your voice is deeper.

"Heard of what?" Luke asked.

"The greens have taken the Iron Throne. They crowned Aegon in front of the masses and named him the rightful king of the seven kingdoms. Rhaenys arrived on dragonback to Dragonstone to deliver this message of Viserys death and crowning. In the end, Mother went into early labor and lost her baby. It was a girl. She was crowned with Viserys crown and she has sent me and Joffrey as message envoys. I come to retrieve you home at the request of our Queen." Jace handed over a sealed letter with a black Targaryen sigil. "It is time for you to take your place as rightful heir of Driftmark. Vaemond petitioned not too long ago for your removal as heir when Coryls had fallen ill after a battle on the Stepstones and he succeeded. Corlys supports our mother and has given me his word to give you Driftmark upon your return."

"This is a lot, Jace. If you're expecting a well mannered Prince of the realm... you're wrong. I've been raised by men who could care less about your title or what runs through your veins. If I leave the Wall... I'm coming for blood. Those greens have taken everything from me and now they've done the same to you and our mother. I will show them no mercy." Lucerys tightened his pardon and requested to come home from his mother tightly in hand. Lucerys was no longer the small boy who cried and begged for forgiveness from his uncle and grandmother. No, there was no room for apologies now. It was either submit to the rightful queen or die.

"I would expect nothing less from the Black Knight," Jace softly smirked at the title Luke earned after a small battle.

"Let's go home."

anger boiled over. rage melted its way into their bones as they stood in front of what was once a happy, prideful woman. Now a broken mother sobbed and wailed. Lucerys and Jacaerys stood in front of the Painted Table. News had just arrived from Daemon that Joffrey and Viserys were murdered by Aemond and Aegon. Rhaenyra had sent them on a ship to the Vale to keep them safe. Aemond and Aegon burned those ships to nothing but ash. Rheanys and Meleys barely made it out alive themselves.

they nearly succeeded.

Daemon held his arm around his wife as she pleaded and cried for it to be lies. all of it to be false and just rumors. a day had passed since that news arrived. The remainder of that day Luke and Jace spent it flying over the sea searching for their brothers. Jace stopped searching after the fifth day. Daemon told him it was no use. if they were alive they would've found them. Lucerys refused to stop looking. He kept flying over, over, and over again. his skin pale and hollowed around his cheeks. He needed to find them.

he had to.

he found himself constantly by the beach, yearning. He blames himself just as much as his brother and mother did. He didn't even get to see them when he returned from the Wall. His mother could barely give him a proper welcome with the tears that blurred her vision. Not the welcome would've done any good for Lucerys.

He needed to avenge his little brothers that have never done anything wrong. All he's heard of is how they were good and sweet boys. The only youngest now was Aegon. Aegon was only six and he feared for his own life. He couldn't imagine what his brothers went through in the last moments of their lives. Aegon had never met Luke but when he did he instantly thought of how he looked like his mother. There was no mistaking him. Lucerys was practically a replica of his mother. The only difference was their different hair style and color plus the big blue eyes Lucerys had. When Aegon met him he neatly cried. News of his brother had come before his elder brother's arrival so Rhaenyra was locked in her room.

They barely knew each other but Aegon felt ten times safer. His small hand clung to Luke's when they walked through the hollow castle. Luceys shared his bed because that's usually what Viserys and Joffrey did with him. Jace was caught up in leading the war with a mourning mother beside him. A proper funeral was held for the princes. They had to burn some of their clothing since they never found their bodies. Jace and Luke wore matching red and black uniforms with a red cap draped over their right shoulder, pinned by a three headed dragon. Daemon, Rhaenyra, Jacaerys, Lucerys, Aegon, Rhaenys, Baela, Rhaena, and Corlys all attended the funeral pyre. A moment of silence was given as they mourned the young princes.

"Walk with me," Luke whispered to Jace. Both brothers walked away from the funeral and down to the beach shore. It was quiet between them for a long moment before Luke spoke up, "I have a plan. I must know if you will support it."

Jacaerys knitted his brows in confusion, "what are you talking about?"

"Daemon had a contact in kings landing that i reached out to. Her name is Lady Mysaria and I think she's also called the White Worm. Any ways she can get two men into the red keep... a son for a son. They will kill Aegon's heir and kidnap little Jaehaera." Lucerys told him.

"Luke... thats... could you live with yourself knowing you had an innocent boy murdered?" jacaerys asked him.

"Our brothers were innocent too! Aegon paraded dragon pieces of them all over kings landing! I told you i was coming for fucking blood! Fuck digney! I want revenge! It's time to make them feel our pain," Lucerys felt his blood boil with rage and a thumping in his heart that felt like a calling. As if all those words that the men at the Wall would tell him, every time a targaryen is born the gods flip a coin. Tell us boy has you coin landed?

His coin has landed.

He will choose madness each time to make anyone suffer like he has.

Jacaerys knew the look in his eyes. He saw it too many times with Daemon. It was time for his own coin to land. It was time to stop hiding behind the facade of Prince of Dragonstone and take up the mantle of Targaryen madness. Which it never is madness. It's grief and loss and pain. He wouldn't let his brother walk this road alone.

"Let's do it. A son for a son."