| Ep 40 |

A week later...

"I'm pretty sure I failed that midterm." Taylor groans into her hands as I pat her back comfortingly.

We were all at Ashlyn's, trying to unwind after a long week of exams. None of us were in the right mind to be testing, too preoccupied with phantom business. But we had plans to go to the arcade later today to relieve ourselves from all of that built-up stress.

I was sat in between the twins, silently sulking over my bad performance on the midterms. Even though I studied thoroughly, I still feel as if I choked on all of my tests. It was a horrible feeling.

I glance over at Tyler, who had his head thrown back on the head of the couch, groaning in disappointment, "Was it that bad?"

"Don't even talk about midterms right now." He grumbles, pulling me back against his chest to play with my hair. I chuckle lightly at his behavior, allowing him to run his hands through my loose hair.

"Oh yeah," Aiden sits up, lowering his plate of food on his lap, "My parents are coming back tomorrow."

"Really?" Taylor tilts her head over at him.

"Yeah," He says as Ben nods, "Along with Ben's family. It'll be his little sister's birthday in a week, I think."

I sit straight up, feeling Tyler's hand fall from my head as I do so, "Ben, you have a little sister?"

He nods and I add on, "I love kids!"

"I hate 'em." Tyler grumbles from beside me, placing a hand on my lower back.

I whip my head around and narrow my eyes, "How could you hate kids?"

"It's because kids hate him." Taylor snickers from my other side, earning a shove from her brother.

"I'm just not good with them, okay?" He admits sheepishly, slouching on the sofa.

Aiden grins over at me as he tells Ty, "Y'know, she told me once that she wants five kids?"

"Five?!" He jerks up, grasping my arm worriedly, "Are you crazy?! What about that time you said one was enough?!"

I blush from his reaction, immediately noticing how concerned he was, as if it was already predetermined that he would be the father of those kids, "I never said that! Aiden's a liar!"

The blonde raises his arms defensively, "Am not!"

I rise from the sofa and am about to pounce on the guy until I hear Ashlyn's dad walk in. Tyler places his hands on my hips and pulls me back down. My cheeks warm at the contact, but I eventually settle back beside him.

"Your parents are coming back?" Mr. Banner questions Aiden and Ben from the doorway of the living room, holding a basket of laundry, "They never told me."

"You talk to them?" Ashlyn asks with a surprised tone, hugging her knees.

Her dad hums in affirmation, "Yeah, a bit, to give them updates on how Aiden and Ben are doing."

I lean back on the couch but jerk up when I feel Tyler's chest behind me, "Sorry."

"For?" He mutters, yanking me back so I was up against his chest with not much room between us.

I try my best to remain composed in front of my friends, but the physical contact was driving me insane. He places a hand on my knee, lightly drawing circles with his thumb. The action immediately soothes me and I let out a quiet sigh.

Ashlyn's dad sets the laundry basket on the table and hums, "Hm...Should we have a BBQ?"

"What..?" Ashlyn is on the verge of protesting.