IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello, readers. I would like to thank you all for reading my stories, but I would like to inform you of some currently hypothetical changes that may occur. I have been reading over the guidelines for what is permitted on Wattpad and have noticed that some rules are (in my opinion) unnecessarily strict. The trouble is that it's not very specific, so it's hard to say exactly what the limitations are on some subjects. The main one that I am unsure of is "Glorification of Self-harm and Suicide". Okay, fine. I agree with that much. However, in the description, one of the things that is included as forbidden is "graphically describ[ing] any type of self-harm". Just because a character kills themself in a story does not mean that the author in any way condones suicide or self harm. On top of that, I have been finding Wattpad's interface and features to be extremely annoying at times.

However, there is nothing that I can do about this. I am still rather angry about it as it seems as though they are trying to censor our content. I think that it would be more fair if they said that it's alright as long as we put up a warning, but I digress. Currently, I am debating as to whether or not I should continue writing on Wattpad. I will have to take a closer look at the guidelines and see if what I write is allowed. If not, I will inform you all and include links to whatever website I will transfer to. (I will probably transfer to Archive of Our Own, but I am still deciding.) Thank you for understanding!