23. 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

♪✰❄︎𖤍❄︎✰♪

𝐋𝐔𝐍𝐀

I woke up to the sound of raindrops hitting my windowpane. The storm had arrived, and I was alone in my room. I tried to calm myself down, but my heart was racing. I missed my mum and dad so much, and the rain always made me feel scared and vulnerable.

I began to perspire, and my mind started racing with thoughts and visions, as if I was in the room with an unseen presence. I tossed the duvet over my head and trembled, struggling to fall asleep despite closing my eyes.

"Should I swallow my pride and reach out to Travis like Mom suggested?" I thought. But what if he refuses to talk to me, just as I told him to do? I shook my head and squeezed my eyes shut even tighter, trying to clear my mind.

Just as I was on the verge of wetting my pants from fear, I heard a gentle knock on my door.

"Luna, are you okay?" It was Travis. Without hesitation, I sprang out of bed and opened the door for him, as if possessed by a sudden burst of courage. I was surprised by my own actions, as if something had taken over me.

Travis looked concerned seeing how sweaty I am, even with the AC on. "I saw your light on and heard you crying. What's wrong?"

I shook my head, trying to hold back tears. "I...I...I'm...I'm..." I hesitated, feeling embarrassed about telling him I'm scared of rain for fear of him laughing at me.

"What's wrong, Luna? You're what? Is there something you're hiding from me?" Travis asked, his voice laced with worry.

I shook my head again, my body still sweating despite the cold. "I'm fine, Travis. I'm just...hungry." I forced a smile, trying to hide my true feelings.

Travis raised an eyebrow. "Silly girl, how can you think of going to sleep without eating all day? You're already thin, do you plan on killing yourself?" He lightly tapped my forehead with his finger.

"I forced a smile, trying to hide my fear. "Thank you, Travis."

"I actually got you pizza since you didn't eat at the restaurant earlier," Travis said, his eyes sparkling with kindness. "I couldn't tell you because you were mad."

I said nothing, just looking at him, my mind racing with thoughts.

Travis pulled me back in and made me sit on the bed. "Wait for me here, I'll be right back." I fearfully told him I'd go with him, but Travis insisted, saying he'd be fast.

Reluctantly, I agreed, not wanting Travis to suspect something was off.

As soon as Travis left, I grabbed the bed sheet tight, my heart racing like crazy. The rain outside was pouring down, and I felt trapped.

Travis returned with pizza and drinks, setting them in front of me. "Thanks." I muttered, starting to eat while he watched in silence.

It was obvious Travis wanted to bring up what Tiffany did, but he didn't, and I was relieved he didn't mention it since I wasn't ready to forgive him yet.

After I finished eating, the rain was still pouring down, getting heavier by the minute.

"Come on, get into bed." Travis said, helping me under the covers. "I'll stick around until you fall asleep. Then, I'll head out." A grip of fear aroused inside me again. Did he just say leave? The rain hasn't stopped yet.

"Thanks, Travis." I replied, feeling a bit awkward. I keep staring at him without closing my eyes as he sat next to me. He soon noticed my stares. I quickly shut my eyes, pretending to sleep.

"Do you have something to tell me?" He asked. "Just wanna thank you, I've been a trouble since I got here."

He nodded and gave my shoulder a gentle squeeze. "No problem, Luna."

"Why don't you just spend the night here?" I didn't know how I uttered that. Did I just said that out loud?

Travis's eyes widened in surprise, but I quickly added. "Not what you think. I just...I don't want to be alone tonight." Not that we've never slept on the same bed in the past. It's just gets awkward now and I wonder why.

Travis nodded, getting into bed with me. "Fine."

As we lay there, the rain pounding outside, I felt a mix of emotions - fear, gratitude, and a hint of comfort with Travis by my side.

"Thanks." I whispered, my voice barely audible.

"No problem, Luna. Just try to sleep okay?" He replied but closing my eyes was impossible now.

As we lay in silence, the rain continued to pour down, and I couldn't help but wonder what the night held for us.

⭒⋆⭒⋆

Q: Do you think anything will happen between them? 😏

Thanks for 20k reads guys. I never know we can made it this far! And for those reading TEMPTED and think it's unfair that I'm updating this constantly and ignoring TEMPTED. That's not it, I guess I feel more energetic and always eager to type the updates of this cus I literally have the whole story in my head and just has to pull it out asap.

But don't worry, I won't stop updating TEMPTED and I'll try to round up this book fast so I can focus on other books. TEMPTED especially cos we still have a long way to go!

See y'all, BYE (⁠•⁠‿⁠•⁠)

.......

Please do votes and comments to support me to keep posting more. if you like today's chapter, lemme know 💓

ly