Chapter 03

Di Feisheng stood up when he saw them. "How is my favourite little Bao?" He always says this when he sees XiaoBao. For some reason, there was a hidden meaning and sarcasm in that question. It was more like a welcome phrase. So, as usual, Fang Duobing gave a sweet smile and said, "I'm good, FeiFei.."

This irritated Di Dumb Face somehow. But he tolerated XiaoBao. Li Lianhua sat on a high comfort seat and watched the exchange between the two. He felt all this to be very familiar. But he needed more clues or information. He can't jump into conclusions suddenly and make the wrong assumptions. That's not his style. That's not how he became successful. So, he needs to be patient. Observe for now take action later. After all, his contract runs for a year. There's plenty of time.

"XiaoBao. How do you like your new manager? He is one of the best lawyers. It was very hard to catch him. But I made sure he accepted you.."

At this, Fang Duobing gave a look to Li Lianhua. Why would he accept a babysitting job like this? In a way, Di Dumb Face was getting angry at his every turn for the past few months. He crashed 4 cars, vomited in a few clubs, and insulted another actor to the face at a public event (because he was sleep depraved and hungry)... It was quite a rap sheet. It was the dreams..... But no one believed him. It was so bad he had to find remedies by himself. Alone... Alone by himself. Everyone knows how impulsive he is.

"I would like to openly talk on the other thing you mentioned, Mr. Di Feisheng. You know about how you found me and why me.... for this job!" Li Lianhua said..

XiaoBao's ears perked up at this.. What other thing!? What did they discuss that seemed to be soOOoo secretive suddenly Li Lianhua wants to bring to the light...

"Ahhh... yes... I remember.. tell me Mr. Lianhua. Will you be free this evening? "...

"Yes.. I am..."

"Okay.. Come with XiaoBao to a place. I will text you an address. It's a bit of a drive. So prepare yourself. "

"How long of a drive...?"

"About... nearly 2 hours... I think"... Di Feisheng was nonchalant because he wanted this to be a surprise for both of these people. If his guess was right, they both have visions. One was too young to decipher what they were and do something about it, and the other was extremely screwed and observant waiting for the right moment.... Right moment for what... he didn't know.. But he will figure it out... eventually.. with this thought, he smirked.

Li Lianhua didn't miss a thing. He noticed everything. For some reason, his interest was piqued. Maybe he was now becoming impulsive, but he had no choice because, on the other hand, he had to take XiaoBao anyway to this mysterious place. So go.. it is..!

"I don't understand..." XiaoBao was becoming more and more puzzled by the minute. What are they on about. Neither of them wants to explain anything to him either... it's frustrating. So he huffed and puffed, then pouted.

It was very cute yet funny. So, both Li Lianhua and Di Feisheng started laughing. Li Lianhua got up from his seat. "We are heading back... He wants ice cream and wants to send flowers to his mom."

"Send my regards to Mrs. Fang. I hope she is healthy and well..."

"Yes.. She has gotten me some new clothes.. have to visit her soon.."

"Sure.. I think this weekend you will have 3 full days of holiday... So why not go see her?"...

XiaoBao's face lit up at this... he nodded his head vigorously. "Okay.. okay.. thank you.."

After they returned to their apartment complex, Li Lianhua said, "Be ready in an hour, I'll come and knock."

"Okay..."

Di Dumb Face said, it's a long drive, and he sounded so mysterious... So XiaoBao selected a light pair of grey pants and a light blue jumper with a pair of ankle boots. He was ready even before the time. The half of the ice cream that was kept for later was now looking good. So he started eating it while waiting for Li Lianhua. His phone started ringing. It was his mom. He immediately answered the call.

"My baby... how are you? The flowers are beautiful... when will you come to see me...?"

"Mom... I'm not a baby... this weekend, the boss gave me off.. I'll be coming to see you. Please prepare an extra guest room because I have a new manager too."

"Oooo, I'm excited... I will, Bao."

There was a knock on the door.

"Mom, I have to go out now. I will talk to you soon. Take care... I love you".....

"Mama loves baby bao so much...be safe."

After hanging up the phone, he stored the ice cream back in the freezer, and when he turned around, Li Lianhua was standing at the kitchen entrance.

"Sorry, my mom called. Let's go..."

When they were halfway through the journey, XiaoBao knew that they were headed towards an ancient town... This was some old place... Tourist attraction for those who want to explore also a film location here and there...

Li Lianhua was curious to see the town they had entered. It seemed very familiar for some reason. Something was tickling his brain. Some buildings looked like the ones in his dreams. He knew Di Feisheng was hiding something serious.. But what's this...?! He was now on guard. He can't let anyone catch him off guard... Especially Di Feisheng.... Meanwhile, XiaoBao looked very pale... this confirmed Li Lianhua's assumptions up to a certain extent. Their dreams are the same. Or so he thought... they have to be.. otherwise, why does Bao look like death...

"Are you okay?... Do you want me to stop?..."

"N..no..no... I'm okay... I'm.. okay... keep going. "

So Li Lianhua drove silently until the location sent by Di Feisheng was confirmed. It was an old building. The street was deserted mostly. There were some people here and there walking, and mostly, it was empty. Li Lianhua got out of the car and looked around. He spotted a black SUV coming towards them and stopped. Di Feisheng got out of it...

"So... What do you think?"... He asked with a smirk...