*43. The Seeker

The party down in the dungeons has already started when Sebastian and I made our entrance. The other Slytherin team players quickly gathered around the freckled boy to praise his winning catch of the golden snitch.

At the other end of the room, there was another gathering around the other Sallow twin, who was attending her first party since forever I suppose. A lot of ravenclaw girls were standing close to her. I guess it makes sense that she would get along well with other people from that house. She was extremely wise, if not from making it in Slytherin, Ravenclaw would definitely have been the next fitting choice.

"I'll let you celebrate with the team, I'll go see Poppy a bit." I said after I spotted the Hufflepuff girl hanging by a table with a familiar red-hair.

Sebastian nodded as he quickly glanced at Poppy too. He placed a quick kiss on my cheek and disappeared to the drinks table with his teammates.

Poppy seemed unusually outgoing, a drink in hand she was laughing at every joke Garreth seemed to think of.

"I see you've take the opportunity at a second shot?" I teased the boy to which he scoffed playfully.

"Nothing of the sort, don't worry Mama bear." He joked.

Poppy laughed again and took a huge sip of her drink.

"I'll go and find Leander." Garreth cleared his throat, then got off the other sofa next to Poppy, freeing the spot for me to take.

"Are you..." I started.

"No, no. He's right, it's nothing of the sort." Poppy interrupted. "That ship really has sailed the first time. But I think he can be of nice company at a party!"

"He sure can be, I guess." I chuckled.

"Anyway, I really think I'd rather be alone you know." She explained. "If I want to deepen my expertise with creatures after graduation, as I plan to do, I'll need to focus. My grandmother and I will take at least a year to travel around Europe, first, then expend to Asia. We'll research and study creatures right on the field."

"That's a wonderful plan Poppy!" I exclaimed, happy to see some of us have a plan for after.

"But don't worry, we'll take care of the creatures in your vivarium as promised." She reassured me.

"How will you manage?" I questioned her, worried she might underestimate how it can become a contradictory task to her current plans.

"Oh, my grandmother has a friend who is a magizoologist, Mrs. Scamander. She also specializes in Hippogriff, isn't that fantastic?" Poppy cheered. "Anyway, she told us about a special suitcase she has, allowing her to care for all the creatures wherever she goes! She offered to enchant us one too."

"A suitcase, you say?" I replied intrigued.

As Poppy opened her mouth to develop on the subject, the freckled boy I arrived with showed up, standing tall before my eyes with a wide smile.

Sebastian handed me a drink, which I grabbed and immediately took a sip as I scooted over the edge of the sofa.

"Hello ladies." Sebastian said, placing one hand on my thigh as he took place next to me. "I'm glad to see you here, Poppy. You seem... Better!"

Poppy looked uncomfortable at the remark at first, being reminded why he would expect her to stay hidden in her room instead of attending such a soirée.

"I'm really fine, Sebastian." Poppy chuckled. "I intend to enjoy the most of our last few months here."

"Well, cheers to that!" Sebastian exclaimed, lifting his gobelet in the air, waiting for us to toast with him, which we did.