꧁-[xi]-the repentance-꧂

abhira

And it happened in a flow.

The truth was out. The real truth was out. 

I was never a good secret-keeper. 

Never.

The atmosphere had changed drastically--from a happy to a lone and melancholic one.

Moments ago--he was happily talking about his life--forgetting the truce between us.

Even I had forget for sometime.

His eyes, usually vibrant, were now filled with tears. The truth had hit him hard, and I could see the pain etched into every line of his face.

He turned away from me, as if trying to escape not just the truth, but also the reality of what we were facing.

We were two souls adrift in a sea of uncertainties, both marked by the absence of parents and the void of love in our lives. 

Navneet Sir, as I had come to know him, was not a bad person. It was the circumstances and the harsh hand of fate that had molded him into the person he was.

As I stood there, watching him retreat into the darkness, I couldn't help but feel a pang of empathy for his pain. The truth had set us free, but it had also exposed the raw wounds that lay beneath the surface of our carefully constructed facades.

Navneet sir was never bad. He was a human.

The same was Armaan. He was never bad but he did hurt me a lot in the name of promise.

Navneet sir- had too hurt me but had apologized with all his heart. All his heart. He was a villainous hero to be honest. He was brutally honest. He was real. He accepted his mistake. He accepted that he was wrong. He genuinely wanted to apologize.

Armaan apologized but he never accepted that his family was wrong. Once in a blue moon he had stood by me. But that soon faded away--he had refused to listen to me when Charu and Dev sir's affair had come to light. He had refused to listen to me.  He had refused straightaway. Ruhi was always right for him. It was out of his responsibility, his promise--it was never out of affection or genuine care--not even humanity. It was all due to promise which was now broken.

I did not have the courage to confront Sir. He was deeply hurt.

WHY WAS HE HURT?

BECAUSE HE FAILED TO UNDERSTAND ME?

NO.

HE HAD FAILED TO BELIVE ME?

NO.

HE HAD FAILED TO TRUST ME?

NO. I WAS NEVER HIS OWN FAMILY. I WAS A STRANGER.

It was not about trust-understanding or belief. He was hurt because he had failed as a human.

YES. A HUMAN.

He had failed as a human.

--

navneet

It was like a relentless storm raging inside of me, tearing at my insides with its fierce winds and pounding rain. This feeling was eating me up, consuming every bit of my being with its destructive power. It hurt. Oh, how it hurt. It hurt me deeply, to the very core of my existence. I felt like I had failed as a human being, like I had let myself and everyone around me down.

Guilt weighed heavy on my heart, a never-ending burden that I carried with me wherever I went. It whispered in my ear, reminding me of my mistakes and shortcomings, never letting me forget the harm I had caused. The feeling of being right when I knew deep down that I was wrong gnawed at me, a constant companion in my moments of solitude.

Abhira. The mere thought of her name brought a pang of regret to my soul. I had hurt her. I had hurt her in ways that I couldn't even begin to comprehend. She was a pure soul, a gentle spirit who deserved nothing but love and kindness. Yet, I had tainted her with my skewed perspectives, painting her as something she was not.

She was not a gold digger, a double-faced woman, or an opportunist as I had once believed. No, she was none of those things. She was simply a girl burdened with responsibilities she never asked for, caught in a web of circumstances beyond her control. And in my blindness, in my selfish pursuit of what I thought was right, I had added to her pain instead of easing it.

The realization hit me like a freight train, shaking me to my very core. How could I have been so blind, so foolish? How could I have missed the beauty and innocence that radiated from her every smile, her every word? How could I have let my own biases and prejudices cloud my judgment and lead me down such a destructive path? Being a lawyer I could not do justice to her. I failed as a lawyer too.

As the truth dawned on me, a sense of deep remorse washed over me, flooding my senses with a wave of sorrow and regret. I knew then that I had to make amends, that I had to find a way to right the wrongs I had committed. And so, with a heavy heart and a determined spirit, I set out on a journey of redemption, seeking forgiveness and understanding from the one person I had hurt the most. I decided to face her. I had to face her.

And as I stood before Abhira, my eyes brimming with unshed tears and my heart heavy with sorrow, I saw in her gaze a flicker of understanding, a glimmer of forgiveness. And in that moment, as we stood face to face, our souls laid bare before each other, I knew that the healing had begun. The wounds of the past were slowly starting to mend, and the darkness that had clouded my heart was beginning to lift.

This feeling that had been eating me up, this guilt and regret that had plagued me for so long, was finally starting to fade away. And in its place, a sense of peace and acceptance was beginning to take root, filling me with a newfound sense of hope and redemption. And as I looked into Abhira's eyes, seeing the reflection of my own pain and remorse mirrored back at me.

Abhira did not utter any words but I knew she wanted to forgive me. And I was ready to repent.  I knew that she wanted to make amends too. WE BOTH WERE WRONG IN OUR PARTS. I was ready to repent, ready to forgive and ready to accept.

This was the beginning.

A NEW BEGINNING.

----

SO THE TRUTH IS OUT--THE REPENTANCE IS ON THE STARTING POINT.

NAVNEET IS HURT SO AS ABHIRA AND THEY ARE TRYING TO ACCEPT THEIR MISTAKE AND TRYING TO FORGIVE EACH OTHER.

THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THEM- beginning of  NAVIRA