SOLO LEVELING 20

'The size of a dungeon varies, and has nothing to do with its rank.'

'There are a few times when you have to explore the dungeon's interior for many days...'

'...And times when you make it to the boss' lair in a matter of hours.'

'There haven't been any noteworthy battles in this dungeon, but it's shaped like a maze, so we've had to spend a lot of our time walking'

Y/n and Jinwoo were situated at the very back of the group, with one of Dongsuk's lackeys behind them. Both of them had no trouble carrying the heavy bags for hours, sometimes lifting their heads to take a look at their surroundings. Kyuhwan was the one leading the group forward with the help of his ball of light serving as a torch.

'Our job is to carry the bags.'

Jinwoo shifted his eyes to the side, looking at the baggage of tools from the corner of his eyes. Y/n had taken interest in the floor, softly kicking a few pebbles that she saw on her path.

'As long as things don't go wrong, There's no reason for us to take part in battle.'

'We'll be paid without even fighting...'

The whole group had decided to take a break first, laying their belongings down in the cavern. Dongsuk and Kyuhwan took to themselves to discuss a few plans, while the others quickly got comfortable sitting on the ground.

Jinwoo found a spot near the end of the cavern, bringing his bags down before looking up to gesture for Y/n to come closer. The two leaned their backs on the walls, rummaging the bags and then bringing out two boxes of store-bought lunch. Y/n not so sneakily giving her unwanted vegetables in Jinwoo's plate.

'It sounded like a good deal to us.'

Just then, a chill ran down Y/n's spine, shuddering in discomfort, while Jinwoo's hand froze, his chopsticks hanging in the air.

Their eyes suddenly narrowed with a sharp glint and a silent whisper ringing in their heads.

"BEWARE OF THE LIZARDS."

'A sudden warning.'

Y/n and Jinwoo then shifted their gazes to Dongsuk and Kyuhwan, looking at them from the corner of their eyes. The leader and his right-hand man were talking quietly amongst themselves in hushed whispers.

'We don't know why those words came to mind.'

From where they were, the duo can clearly see Kyuhwan's face, emitted by the light he was currently sustaining, while Dongsuk has his back turned to them. Kyuhwan's smile then grew wider, a smirk overtaking his features.

'But one thing we're certain of is that...'

Dongsuk then slightly turned to his side, a shadow covering half of his face, the corners of his lips curled upwards, almost reaching his ears.

Jinwoo tore his gaze away from the two, opting to stare on the ground. His eyes turned hooded, something was screaming at him from the back of his head, warning him to be cautious.

Y/n picked up the last bit of her food with her chopsticks, her eyes remaining sharp, they would have to keep her and Jinwoo's suspicions to themselves as to not attract any unwanted attention, they'll have to act oblivious.

Dongsuk's alarming smirk then flashed right through their eyes.

'...If we have a bad feeling about something, we're never wrong.'

Dongsuk called out to the rest of the hunters, resuming their journey to the boss. Only a series of footsteps can be heard in the silent tunnel.

The leader then to the rest of the members, ordering them to pack up so they could resume their journey deeper into the dungeon. For a long while, only their footsteps were heard in the cave, some hunters choosing to joke around and talk with their friends.