Chapter 2

Picture of Ryan Gosling as Jake Denim at the side .. =)

Chapter 2:

The more I remembered that summer, the more the memories of September 23 threatened to overcome me. I would not remember that day now. I would be strong. What I would remember, are the days I spent with him.

I wiped the tears from my cheeks and smiled, then got out of bed slowly and carefully as if not wanting to disturb the memories of the past. Making my way to the window, I donned the disregarded robe on the bedside chair. From this window, the entire back of the estate is visible: the peach and cherry orchards, the trampoline and the shady trees that block the creek from my view. But I didn’t have to see the creek to remember the days we spent there. I braced against the window sill and relived the first of our many leisure days spent there. I smiled, as I always did when I thought of him.

He liked swimming. I could never swim. Again he laughed at me. He always did, but it never bothered me, because I knew he wasn’t making fun of me, just laughing as a carefree and frequent gesture, besides, I loved the sound more than any other sound in this entire world, to feel offended.

He volunteered to teach me to swim, thus, the creek came up, as I wasn’t going to be embarrassed in front of strangers, so the privacy of the family estate provided a safe haven. Going there with him was a perfect fit.

I remember when he started to take off his clothes, how breathing became difficult. With every article of clothing he took off, my throat grew drier and drier. When he was in his last article of clothing, his swim trunks, I was barely gasping for breath.

Turning to me, he flashed me his boyish, devilish grin. It was then I realized I was gaping at him. I gathered what little composure I had and quickly turned my back to him and stripped off into my one piece.

“Aren’t you going to come and swim or are you just going to stand there?”

I didn’t answer; I was too mortified to face him. Strong hands came and enclosed me from behind, bracing me to a warm chest. I leaned back against him and he held on tighter. We stayed like that for a while, until I turned in his embrace to look into his blue, blue eyes.

His eyes were my home, my paradise and my joy. I rose myself on tip toes and kissed first his left cheek then his right, and finally a gentle peck on his lips. That was the first time we kissed and it didn’t even last a second, but it was perfect. I pulled back to look up at him. We broke into a smile and I blushed, quickly hiding my face in the crook where his neck met his shoulders. He squeezed me tight for about half a second and it was back to the swimming lessons.

I don’t know if I liked the actual swimming lessons or the swimming instructor. He held me around the waist and guided me through the basics. It was working and I was getting the hang of it, which meant he had to release his hold on me. When I realized this, I quickly dumbed down my act of learning, so his arms were safely around my waist, where it should be. I was enjoying it too much and it showed for he started to tickle me until we were having a water fight. I broke free and ran out of the water, as I was about to step unto dry land, he caught one of my legs and I fell over onto my back on the shore, causing him to fall into the water. Laughing he dragged himself to lie beside me, where we both lay laughing, until he turned to face me, where he was more on top of me, than next to me.

Suddenly, it all grew too serious, a complete contrast to the giggles of before. We stared at each other for a while, until he mimicked my actions from before and kissed my cheeks and finally a peck on the lips. He lifted his head and looked at me. One of his hands held my waist, the other cupped my cheek and his head descended.