Through The Storm

Rex's booted footsteps echoed down the narrow corridor as he led his squad deeper into the ship's bowels. He wasn't entirely sure where Ahsoka might be hiding, but he had a hunch. The cargo hold was one of the few places onboard the Resolute where she could find solace and, more importantly, privacy.

Rex's comm link beeped. "Captain, any sign of Commander Tano?" Obi-Wan's calm, authoritative voice filled the silent hallway.

"Not yet, General. We're still searching."

"Understood. Keep us updated. And remember, she might not be in control of her actions right now. Proceed with caution."

"Yes, sir."

Rex signaled for his men to keep moving. They reached the entrance to the cargo hold, and Rex held up his hand, indicating for them to stop. He turned to address them.

"Remember, we're here to help her, not to startle her. Move in quietly and follow my lead."

He pressed the panel to open the cargo hold door, and it slid open with a hiss. Darkness greeted them. Rex's eyes adjusted quickly, and he scanned the room for any sign of movement.

"There," Jesse whispered, pointing to a shadowy figure perched on a catwalk high above the floor. Even from this distance, Rex recognized the familiar form of Ahsoka.

"She's up there," Rex confirmed, his voice barely above a whisper. He took a deep breath and began climbing the ladder to the catwalk. Each rung brought him closer to her, and he could see her more clearly now, curled up and clutching her head tails. She looked so vulnerable, so unlike the confident commander he knew.

"Ahsoka," he called softly, not wanting to startle her. "It's Rex. We're here to help you."

Her head jerked up, eyes wide with panic before they softened with recognition. "Rex...?" Her voice was shaky, a mixture of relief and embarrassment.

"It's okay," he said, reaching the top of the ladder and carefully making his way to her. "We're here to help. We're not going to leave you alone."

Ahsoka's eyes filled with tears, and she looked away, ashamed. "I'm sorry, Rex. I didn't mean to cause all this trouble."

Rex shook his head. "You have nothing to apologize for, Commander. We're your friends. We want to help you through this."

She nodded, tears spilling over. "It just hurts so much. And I feel so out of control."

Rex crouched down beside her, offering a comforting hand on her shoulder. "We'll get through this together, Ahsoka. We'll find a way to help you manage the pain and the emotions."

Ahsoka leaned into his touch, finding a semblance of comfort in his presence. "Thank you, Rex. I don't know what I'd do without you."

He gave her a reassuring smile. "You'll never have to find out. We're in this together, all of us."

With Rex by her side, Ahsoka felt a glimmer of hope. She wasn't alone. She had her brothers, her friends, and with their support, she could face whatever challenges lay ahead.

As Ahsoka leaned into Rex's touch, she felt a wave of gratitude wash over her. The pain and confusion were still there, but knowing she wasn't alone made it more bearable. She took a deep breath, trying to steady herself.

"We should get you back to your quarters," Rex said gently. "You need rest, and we need to figure out how to help you through this."

Ahsoka nodded, her resolve strengthening with Rex's unwavering support. "Alright. Let's go."

Rex helped her to her feet, steadying her as they made their way down the catwalk. Fives, Jesse, and the rest of the squad were waiting below, their expressions a mix of concern and relief.

"Commander," Fives greeted her with a respectful nod, his earlier bravado replaced with genuine worry. "Glad to see you're okay."

Ahsoka managed a small smile. "Thanks, Fives. I appreciate it."

Rex led the way as they made their way back through the ship, keeping a protective arm around Ahsoka. The corridors seemed longer, the silence heavier, but Ahsoka felt a sense of safety she hadn't felt in days.

As they neared her quarters, they encountered Jedi Masters Shaak Ti, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Anakin Skywalker. Anakin's eyes widened with worry as he saw his Padawan.

"Ahsoka," he said, stepping forward. "Are you alright?"

"I'm okay, Master," Ahsoka replied, though her voice was still shaky. "I'm sorry about earlier. I just... I lost control."

Anakin shook his head, his expression softening. "There's nothing to apologize for, Snips. We'll get through this together."

Shaak Ti stepped forward, her presence calm and reassuring. "Ahsoka, you're experiencing something very natural for a Togruta. It's new and overwhelming, but we're here to help you through it. You're not alone."

Ahsoka nodded, tears welling up again. "Thank you, Master Shaak Ti. I... I didn't know what to do."

"We'll figure it out together," Shaak Ti assured her. "But for now, you need rest. We'll stay with you until you feel better."

They escorted Ahsoka into her quarters, the familiar surroundings providing a small measure of comfort. Rex helped her to sit on the edge of her bed, his presence a constant source of strength.

"Rest now," Shaak Ti instructed. "I'll stay here with you, and we'll talk more when you're feeling better."

Ahsoka nodded, exhaustion finally catching up with her. She lay back on her bed, closing her eyes as she felt the comforting presence of her friends and mentors around her.

Rex stepped back, giving her room to rest. He exchanged a look with Anakin, who gave him a grateful nod. "Thank you, Captain. Your support means a lot to her."

Rex nodded. "Always, General."

As Ahsoka drifted off to sleep, the tension in her body slowly eased. She knew the road ahead would be challenging, especially with her emerging feelings for a certain Captain. She didn't know what to do, but she knew with the support of her friends and mentors, she felt a renewed sense of hope. Together, they would face whatever came their way, no matter what this new change would throw at them

---

Outside Ahsoka's quarters, Rex and the others gathered, their expressions somber but determined. Shaak Ti addressed them, her voice filled with resolve.

"Ahsoka is strong, but she'll need our support more than ever in the coming days. We need to be vigilant and compassionate."

Anakin nodded. "We'll do whatever it takes to help her through this."

Obi-Wan placed a hand on Anakin's shoulder. "And we'll all be there for her. She's not alone."

Rex stood tall, his loyalty unwavering. "The 501st stands with her, no matter what."