11. somber and blank.

💿: moon river - frank oceanTHIRD PERSON JAN

THIRD PERSON
JAN. 5. 2024
USC VS OREGON STATE

 2024USC VS OREGON STATE

(irl.)

ミ★ it's been almost a week since the two had last spoken. they visibly ignored each other whenever they were in the gym with the team and managers. but the silence between them was slowly eating them away. ugh i'm such a poet. but anywho, their friends and the team, hell, even the coaches seemed to notice the sudden switch in the both of them. they were both somber and blank.

Elysian had her beats on as she helped the girls with drills since the game was about to start, she would purposely avoid throwing juju any ball because she was petty. so she had another manager switch spots with her cause she didn't wanna get cussed out by the coaches.

so she just went and filled up the water bucket with ice and gatorade. to calm her nerves; the singing voice of her father was playing in her ear, moon river was playing.

she remembered when her dad told her the meaning behind it, he didn't write the song originally but he added some of his own lyrics and made a beautiful, serene masterpiece. he told her, "to me, this song means societal loneliness and what its like to be in love with someone with a head full of curiosities. your person can cause you heartbreak, but they can also make you dream happily. you, right now, is different than the you in the future, same for your future partner. you're both gonna go off and expand horizons. but everyone is chasing after all the same. interpret it how you want to interpret it. cause at the end if the day, it's just you and your moon river against the world."

her father had a way with words, which is why he was always being called a genius through his career. she didn't understand what he was saying at the time, she was 13 and was struggling with her sexuality at the time. but now, as an 18 year old, she can say, she knows what he meant now.

Judea was her moon river.

her dream-maker, and also her heartbreaker. they were both young eighteen year old girls trying to make a living with the careers they have, Juju with basketball and Elysian with youtube (even though she hadn't posted in months, sick asf.) but the different lifestyles they were living was gonna cause stress in their minds and bodies and was gonna inevitably make one tired of being around the other. Juju broke her heart, but she chose not to dwell on it because her brain made her think about all the great times they had.