I

Kiriko was finally allowed to go home after four years away from her home country. Having been sent away to travel all around the world to be educated on every language and culture that there is without so much as a goodbye, she missed her home and family. Today she spent her last day in New York before she got to fly home. Having now been to every country in the world, learning their languages, cultures, customs, for at least a week in each country. Except for countries like China, Russia, Britain, the USA, and Canada where she spent anywhere from several weeks to several months. So troublesome, she thought as she sat back in her seat.

"Ootori-sama, we are taking off now." said her personal maid Alice. Alice became more of a personal assistant and pseudo-sister to Kiriko as she traveled everywhere with her. When Kiriko was told that she was to go travel around the world she was devastated. Alice had made it better though. She always would look out for Kiriko's best interest.

"Arigatou Alice," Kiriko said to her without looking up from her computer. She was calculating how much work was needed to reconcile all the money which spent on the trip. Her father's company could pay for it all but it is always better to be ahead. After all, that is what her father expected.

She sighed as she thought about her business. She really needed to expand the company. She couldn't allow her twin to do better than her. He has nothing to compensate for either. Whereas, she has been traveling which is much pricier than daily living. She was determined to pass him though. She was just as smart as him. They are the same in everything, except sex, and the only reason her company is even slightly behind is that she had been stuck in Congressional meetings all week to help work on diplomacy tactics.

Looking up through her glasses towards the window fell deep into thought. It's amazing how small the world is in comparison to space. Earth is like a dust speck in the universe. Us humans, we're the microscopic atoms.

Shaking herself out of her train of thought she looked back down at my computer dreading how much work she had to do knowing she was not going to get any sleep on this flight.

------------------------

"Ootori-sama, The plane is about to land would you like another cup of coffee or shall I take your cup for you?" Alice asked drawing Kiriko's attention away from her computer. She had finally gotten ahead of her twin. Only by a few points in the stock market though. It's not even as if her father was tracking this progress. This was purely a battle between twins.

"You may take my cup. What time of day will it be when we arrive?" She asked Alice.

"We will arrive at 1400. Kyoya Ootori-sama will still be in school, Fuyumi Ootori-Shido-sama will be at her husband's house, Akito Ootori-sama will be at university, Yuichi Ootori-sama will be at the hospital, Yoshio Ootori-sama will be at the house doing paperwork," Alice replied.

"Do any of my siblings know I am coming back?"

"Not that I am aware of Ootori-sama."

"When will Kyoya-nii be coming home?"

"He usually arrives around 1730, however, he is involved in a club and it occasionally runs late Ootori-sama."

"Take me back to the house when we arrive then. I wish to speak to father then go to sleep."

"Hai, Ootori-sama," Alice said as she bowed and left to go tell the pilot that it was safe to land.

------------------

When Kiriko arrived at the mansion she was escorted to her Otosan's study by the house butler. She knocked at the door and waited to be let in.

"Enter," he said in the distant tone he's adopted since her Okaasan died.

"Otosan. I'm home." Kiriko said as she entered the study.

It hadn't changed since she left. The last family portrait they had taken before her mother died still stood in its place behind his desk. There were no other pictures in the room. His desk lined with folders all carrying the Ootori insignia.

"Kiriko," he said sounding slightly surprised. "I was told you were not due to arrive for another week. SHould you not still be in the United States?"

"Congress's session finished early. Rather than wasting a week in the United States, I decided to come back immediately and continue studying. I informed your assistant that my flight was arriving today. I assumed he would have informed you as a car was sent to pick me up." She told him with her mask in place. They were not allowed to show emotions in the Ootori household. Not since Okaasan died.

"I shall have a word with him then. That is an acceptable decision. I would prefer to have you back rather than have you galavanting around the United States for a week. I shall have my assistant ring Ouran and let them know you will be attending school tomorrow," he said regaining his composure. "If you need anything else, you may inform Alice. She will become your permanent maid and assistant for now. Your room is not prepared as I was not expecting you until next week. You may stay in Kyoya's room until tomorrow. I will have your room prepared. Your room is exactly the same as it was left four years ago. You may grab any items you wish to keep before the maids tidy it and renovate it to a taste appropriate of someone your age."

"Arigatou Otosan. I shall leave you to get back to your work," she said as she closed the door to his room and made her way to where her twin's room was.

Since they were little they have had adjoining rooms. Though she doubted her twin has entered her room in the past four years, she hoped that maybe he did. Even if it was only once. Just to prove he had missed her. He was so angry at her for leaving. Hopefully, the time apart cooled his anger and they could go back to being close.

She opened the door to her old room and memories came flooding in. Immediately closing it she headed down the hall to her twin's room. Opening the door, quietly closing it behind her, she finally let go of her composure and ran to to bed falling back on it. Climbing beneath the covers she buried her head in the pillow. She missed him a lot. He was her rock when Okaasan died. To have that rock taken away so soon after the death. She sighed not wanting to think about it. Closing her eyes she slowly let her body fall into a deep sleep.

--------------

When she woke up the next morning she felt something else besides her. Rubbing her eyes she reached for her glasses.

Wait. When did she take her glasses off? She had only planned to have a quick nap. And when did she change?

Putting on her glasses she looked to see what was beside her. Seeing her twin she grinned and did something that she knew only she would ever be able to get away with. She poked him in the eye.

---------------------

AN: I'm re-writing this because it's not as well structured as I would have liked. I'll try to fix the next few chapters and add new chapters soon.