𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾.

"that's enough," lee said

"that's enough," lee said. "any fighting is unallowed here. we must wait for the instructor's instructions first. any fighting will be only done during the exams." he declared, letting go of the genin's leg.

all of the sudden, a tall boy with long, flowing brunette hair made his way towards our group. his presence seemed to command the attention of everyone around us. his lavender eyes piercing a gaze on lee, as he spoke in a tone that hinted disappointment. "lee, this isn't what you promised. you were the one who emphasized the importance of not carelessly attracting attention," he stated firmly, "yet, here you are. causing attention everywhere."

tenten sighed, looking at the boy with complete disappointment, "oh, lee.." she mumbled. however, the boy didn't hear her and walked towards the pink–haired girl from earlier.

"hello! my name's rock lee. you're sakura, right?" he said, showing her his toothy grin and winked.

sakura's emerald eyes widened in shock as she turned her gaze towards lee, her brows furrowed in a mix of surprise and confusion. leaving her momentarily speechless. "huh...?"

"please go out with me! it's a pleasure to meet someone as beautiful as you, i'll promise to protect you till i die!" he declared.

...

"absolutely... not.."

lee froze, a look of sadness picturing his face. the once toothy grin he had was gone and was replaced with an open mouth, "huh...?"

"i'm sorry... but you're.. just too... intense for my liking..." she said, making lee slump. 

i chuckled at the scene in front of me. but later on, i looked away from them and took a glance at tenten. seemingly noticing my glance, tenten looked back into honey brown eyes and smiled. i smiled back at her and took this as an opportunity to strike up a conversation, "are you all right, tenten-san?"

"yeah, i'm fully okay, don't worry about it... uhm– may i ask what's your name?" she asked.

"my name's maiko. maiko shimizu. " i smiled.

"nice to meet you, maiko!" she smiled, "and i'm fine, thank you. that punch was nothing to me anyway."

"you're very welcome, tenten!" i said
said, the smile on my face widening.

"ano.." someone said beside me, and when i looked to see who it was, i saw rock lee. "lee–san? do you need something?" i asked.

noticeable blushes formed on his cheeks as he smiled at me, "we may not know each other that much yet, but i vow to protect you with my life! so please, be my girlfriend!" he confessed.

i found myself bewildered by the sudden change in his affections. wasn't he completely in love with sakura-san mere moments ago? it seemed as though his feelings had done a complete 180, causing me to question the sincerity of his previous feelings  towards sakura-san.

what should i do?

our friends glanced us, i found myself grappling with a surge of anxiety brought on by the overwhelming attention directed to me. with a tremor in my voice, I mustered the courage to address my words. "lee-san. i wanted to e-express my gratitude for your affirmations however, i m-must say that i don't r-reciprocate the same feelings. i hope you can understand."

"i'm sorry..." i said.