Never Breed Them

Warning! Never breed Pokemon of different species!
Charmander-Charmander
Pichu-Pichu
Pidgey-Pidgey
NOT
Zubat-Ghastly

I was so tired of how much I had to explain to new trainers about not breeding two different Pokemon. I mean, they should know that. But apparently, one boy, Ethan, did exactly what I told him not too.
I was working in my lab one afternoon when he showed up four months after he received his first Pokemon. He was so excited to show me the new additions to his team. A zubat and a ghastly. I of course was happy because he was filling his pokedex, so I offered him a new Pokemon. A mudkip, torchic, and a trecko. He chose a mudkip which was strange because he mainly had grass or dark types, but I ignored it and said goodbye to him. He came back two weeks later and looked rather uncomfortable.
"I was breeding Pokemon a week ago! Although, when I tried to release one, it... Kept coming back. I didnt know what to do so I wanted to know if you would take care of it. Would you?"
"Of course! I'd be more than happy too! Please do visit it some time though."
"Alright professor." And then he left. I was rather confused as to why he wouldn't want the Pokemon. Maybe it was sick, or was shiny. If so, I needed to find out. I opened the pokeball Ethan had handed me and I was horrified. It was a ghastly. But, it had a large mouth with rows of razor sharp teeth. I quickly returned it to its pokeball and left my lab to search for the trainer. But, he was no where to be found. I decided to call him the next day. I returned to my lab and found that thing staring at the pictures of trainers I had. He was staring mainly at Ethan's portrait. I approached but it hissed at me. I back away and figured it's not too early to sleep.
The next day I called Ethan's mother and she told me he had left for the Sinnoh region. I asked when he would return and she said it wouldn't be until next year. I thanked her and hung up. I headed for the main room and saw that the Pokemon was out of the pokeball again. I tried to tell it that its trainer had abandoned it but it just hissed and snapped at me. I was genuinely terrified of the creature but as a Pokemon professor, I made it my mission to befriend it.
A year had passed and me and Zastly, the Pokemon, had become quite close. It slept with me in my bed and we played all types of games. One day got a call from Ethan's mother and she had said that he was back in the region and was coming to visit me. I smiled and thanked her. I turned to the nosey Zastly and told him the good news. But, instead of being happy... It cried. I tried to comfort it but it only sobbed louder. I stayed by his side until he calmed, but before I could comfort him any further, there was a knock at the door. I put the Pokemon in its pokeball and welcomed Ethan in. After quickly sitting him down, I went to grab my notebook to write anything he told me about new Pokemon. The second I left the room, I heard a blood curdling scream. Running back to the room I see Zastly, eating Ethan. I cried in shock and rushed to the body. He was already gone. I grabbed his body and dragged it to the closet to hide it, and checked outside to see if anyone had heard him scream. I quickly returned to the closet, confident no one heard it, and found the body way gone. The only trace of the body ever being there was the blood spattered on the floor and on Zastlys mouth. It was horrid, but I had an idea.

Another year had past, and it was time to give Pokemon to new trainers. They arrived and chose their Pokemon, Cyndaquil, totodile, and chikarita. Before they ran off, I warned them about breeding two different Pokemon together. Of course they asked why. So...
"Let me show you Zastly."
"Is that a new Pokemon!?" They asked in excitement.
"Sorta." They stared in horror as he floated in the room. Blood soaking his teeth from eating a bonsly earlier that day.
"Now, will you breed Pokemon the wrong way?" They all shook their heads and rushed out in a hurry. Now I won't ever have to repeat myself again.

For no reason at all I posted this after playing Pokemon. I regret nothing, bite me