Prologue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Iwatobi Swim club: Age 12 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your (e/c) orbs sparkled, watching your friend Haruka Nanase swim never seized to amaze you, the way his fingers cut through the waters surface allowing his arms to glide through with ease, the steady swift kicking of his feet propelling him forward, all of it fascinated you deeply. Watching the blue eyed boy had become a habit of yours, whether you intended to or not, you would always find your eyes fixed upon him whenever he was in the water. 'Haru-chan looks so natural in the water' you thought to yourself as you mentally marvelled over his swimming, sudden determination filled your being 'I'm going to swim like-'

"His swimming always looks so smooth" your thoughts were interrupted by the voice of Makoto Tachibana, his kind emerald eyes were glued to the same dark haired figure in the water, you silently agreed with his comment, giving your head a small nod. 

"He's like a dolphin" the cheery voice of Nagisa Hazuki filled your ears, you couldn't help but giggle at his comment, causing a large grin to form on both of the boys small faces. Your giggling came to a halt making Nagisa and Makoto to look at you, your eyes were focused towards the pool, but they were not pointed to Haru. 

"Who's that?" Nagisa questioned, tilting his head to the side with large magenta eyes showing curiosity. "Rin Matsuoka" the taller brunette boy answered, "Shark boy" you muttered under your breath while you focused on the maroon haired boy, he pulled back his goggle strap, letting it ping back to his scalp. "He transferred into or class last week, right (Name)?" Makoto looked at you with expectant eyes, "Yeah" you answered, your eyes watching the movements of the boy as he dove into the water.

You watched with wide eyes as the boy began swimming, his movements different to Haru's, but still just as fascinating, you mouth hang open slightly as you saw the maroon haired swimmer catch up to Haru, it soon became a competition. The two boys moved swiftly through the water, neck and neck, before Haru pulled ahead. Haru touched the wall and emerged from the water, flicking his hair about. You had been so entranced by the swimming that you didn't notice that you were now standing alone, you quickly rushed over to Haru and the others as Makoto helped Haru out of the pool. 

"That was so cool, Nanase-kun" Nagisa chirped in amazement, "I wanna swim like you!" you felt a smile creep its way across your features as you heard the boys words, it seemed like you both had the same idea. You were knocked out of your thoughts when you heard water splash next to you.

"You're as fast as the rumours said" Rin smiled, flashing his sharklike teeth, "What was your time?". "I don't care about my time." Haru replied, looking in the other direction, you observed the maroons face, he looked shocked, but then he began laughing. "That's just like the rumours said, too". Without thinking you held out one of your hands to help him out of the pool, he stared at it for a minute before he grabbed onto it with a toothy grin, letting you help him out of the pool.

"Hey Nanase" the boy spoke, "You interested in entering a relay with me at the next tournament?" he looked at Haru with a smile. "I only swim freestyle" Haru replied, before turning around and diving into the pool. You giggled, causing everyone everyone else to look at you. "You're (Name) right?" Rin questioned, you nodded, "And you're shark boy" you said with a slight devilish grin, the boy stared at you before he let out a small laugh, "I want to get to know you (Name)"