1.16: Is this Jealousy?

Dan sighed as they finally arrived at t
the church. For some reason, the
drive to the church was very sickening for him as he felt his stomach ache with anxiety, he supposed as he wasn't really one to have motion sickness.

        He pushed open the car door, shutting it behind him as Alaric and Hope does the same thing as well. They stopped midway from entering as he notices a boy with curly hair who was sitting on the bottom of the stairs to the entrance.

          Looking at the boy, warning signs were ringing in Dan's head. He usually would know at first glance if the person was a human or not and he would instantly know what type of supernatural were they but this guy in front of him, he couldn't see a thing.

The boy looked up, looking confusedand shock seeing a familiar face ; he pulled his earphone off his ear as he saw the Auburn haired girl who wore the same expression when their eyes met.

“Landon. ” She called to the boy and Dan noticed it the moment that she made eye contact with the boy, she forgot why they were here.

His heart ached for a moment there. He knew why though, he obviously knew why it was aching but  he knew that it wasn't right so he had no right to stop whatever it was he was seeing or to express his distaste.

“Hope. ”

Oh no, Dan thought to himself as he furrowed his eyebrows in realization and disappointment from the knowledge that even from the way the boy said Hope's name, he was already down bad for the girl.

He did not like it one bit but he wasn't here for that, he needed to get himself to focus.

“You two know each other?” Alaric asked while hurriedly walking closer to the entrance, Dan following the man as he held the chains on his right hand, bringing it along with him to subdue the werewolf.

“Long story. ” Hope answered, never taking her eyes off the boy. But soon she did when she heard Dan call her,

“Hope, we kind of need to go already.”

She made eye contact with Dan and they both glanced to the door as soon as they heard a scream of pain inside and glass shattering.

“Dr. Saltzman. ” Hope called to their headmaster as Dan went near to Alaric with the intention to help.

“Yeah, I'm on it. ” Ric spoke and walked up the stairs, with a crossbow on his hand. He tried opening the closed doors but no use when it's chained on. “Doors are locked. ”

Hope expected that it was going to be and raised her hands up. However, Dan got to it first as his eyes glowed a silvery-blue and he kicked the doors open earning a whistle of acknowledgement from the headmaster and a look from the tribrid.

Seeing this spectacle, Landon backed away in shock.

“W-what the hell?!”

“You should step away far from here, this is gonna get ugly. ” Dan said to the panicked boy, feeling his dislike for Landon grow. Stepping first towards the church, he went towards the direction which held the werewolf in transition. Alaric looked between the two left and followed after the Lunaris Umbra witch.

Something about him just rubbed him the wrong way making his mood bitter even though it was supposed to be a good day for Dan as he managed to fix things with Hope.

“Who the h– hope?! ” Landon calls out to Hope in panic, seeking help and comfort to a familiar face.

“You’re gonna want to stay out here, Landon, trust me. ” Hope spoke quickly and walked past him, following after Dan and Alaric.