Chapter 9: The Floating Restaurant - Baratie

==Somewhere in the East Blue==

==Going Merry==

"IT'S FINISHED! THE STRAW HATS' PIRATE FLAG! What do you think?"

Lucy held up a black cloth with a...

Butchered Straw Hat Jolly Roger.

Luffy sweatdropped.

"Is that supposed to be our Jolly Roger?", Luffy asked.

"Uh-huh! Like it?", Lucy asked.

"This girl is a little low on design sense.", Usopp gaped.

"Hmmm... Maybe it's Avant-Garde?", Nami thought.

"A Jolly Roger ought to inspire terror. And this is pretty scary.", Zoro mused.

"Everyone'll be terrified at a Jolly Roger that's atrocious at best.", Luffy sighed.

"LIKE YOU'RE ANY BETTER THAN ME IN DRAWING!!", Lucy yelled at her brother with shark teeth.

"I didn't say that. What I'm trying to suggest is we let someone who can actually paint to draw the emblem.", Luffy said.

"You can't paint?", Usopp asked Luffy.

"I'm just as bad at art as she was. You can't exactly practice drawing in mountains you know.", Luffy answered.

Usopp decided not to ask about that part, and so, he cleared his throat.

"Ahem. Your painting stinks, Lucy! Let me try!", Usopp sighed.

Then, he painted a Jolly Roger with a long nose and a slingshot.

"That's not our Jolly Roger!", Luffy, Lucy and Zoro scoffed altogether, bonking Usopp upside the head.

After another redraw, it was the same old Jolly Roger that Luffy remembered using in his past life.

"Good! I like it!", Nami grinned.

"That does about it.", Usopp smiled.

"It looks like a new flag.", Zoro pointed out.

"Great! Paint it on the sails, too!", Lucy exclaimed.

"I've been drawing things on walls for years. I'm a man of many talents.", Usopp pridefully bragged at them.

==Two Hours Later==

"THERE! IT'S COMPLETE!! OUR PIRATE SHIP, THE GOING MERRY, IS READY FOR ACTION!"

As Usopp and Nami were lying on deck, breathing hard after hours of work on the sails, something exploded.

Everyone turned around and saw Lucy testing one of their cannons.

"What are you firing at?", Zoro asked.

"That rock. It's cannon practice. But this thing doesn't shoot right.", Lucy told them.

"That's silly. Let me try.", Usopp sighed, going off to the cannon Lucy's testing.

"Hit that rock.", Lucy ordered, pointing at the rock formation.

"Okay.", Usopp nodded.

Then he aimed the cannon to the rock. Firing it, the cannonball hit the rock perfectly.

"Wow! You hit it on your first try!", Lucy beamed at Usopp.

Luffy's Haki flared up.

'Oh... Right. Johnny and Yosaku.', he thought to himself.