Chapter 3 - Hide and Seek

Location: The Library - Blacklands Manor Orphanage

No POV

After Y/n caught up with his friends at the library to play hide and seek, he placed Mr. Hopp on the table with Mr. Stripes and Miss Bo and since Y/n is the last one to meet up with his friends at the library, he has to be the one to count first and have to find his friends.

Molly: Y/n, you're counting first.

Y/n: What? Why me?

Issac: Well, you did come last in the race.

Molly: We don't make the rules, Y/n.

Esther: I'm pretty sure that he didn't want to run down the halls because he doesn't want to get in trouble with Ms. Beverley.

Y/n: (Sighs) Alright, I'll go count and you guys hide.

Then Y/n walked over to a nearby wall and began counting to 10 before he can start searching for his friends.

Y/n: 7...8...9...10. Ready or not, here I come.

After counting to 10, he then started searching around the library to find his friends, not noticing that he was being watched by a certain rabbit looking through a shelf full of books before Y/n heard the familiar sound of a music box playing in the background as Y/n looked at his surroundings before he saw some kind of opening at the corner of a wall as Y/n slowly walked over there to see what's inside there.

???: Y/nnnnnn~

Y/n: Hello? Is someone in there?

Then as Y/n went closer to the wall, a pair of glowing yellow eyes along with a set of sharp teeth was hidden in the darkness until Y/n stopped when heard the something nearby as he looked to see Issac trying to stop the vase that was on a pillar from hitting the floor, thus exposing his hiding spot.

Issac: Oops, guess you found me.

Then Y/n smiled before looking back at the opening that suddenly disappeared as if he was seeing things that felt all too real.

Issac: (Walking up to Y/n, worried) Are you okay?

Y/n: Yeah, I'm fine. I thought I saw something on that wall. My mind seems to be playing tricks on me. I still haven't found Molly or Esther yet.

Molly: Oh look, I won yet again.

Y/n: T_T Molly. You just exposed yourself and immediately lost the game.

Issac: Yeah, that's not how hide and seek works.

Y/n: I don't think she never played hide and seek before. Has she ever played a game with you and Esther before I arrived here?

Issac: No, I don't think so.

Molly: Is there a problem?

Y/n: Nope not at all. Now I gotta find Esther.

Then they heard a loud 'thump' that came from the other side of the library.

Issac: What was that? 

Then the three of them looked over to one of the rows of library books to see Isabelle peak from the other side of the shelves before hiding away from them.

Y/n: Was that the new girl?

Molly: What a weirdo.

Then Issac picked up the book that fell from the shelf and when he looked at what's inside the book.

Issac: This book is about creatures and demons.

Y/n: Really? Maybe that's something that I can read to keep me busy with.