𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

"Dude, What the Fuck?" Gia was by my side within minutes, looking at me worriedly. "You good? Who was that?" Her hazel eyes ran all over my face, searching for any hints of hurt.

In a daze I shook my head, I could not respond to her. I felt hot and sweaty. It was -3 degrees outside yet I couldn't breathe. I pulled at the collar of my t-shirt, trying my best to ease the suffocation. It wasn't helping.

"I'm good, I need to go h-home." I stammered, stumbling out of the diner after leaving a hundred-dollar bill on the table. I put on my jacket and picked up my phone with shaky hands.

Shoving my hand into my pocket, I walked out, heading for the precinct. My vision was blurry and the pulse in my head was thumping, it was deafening. I don't know how long I had been walking, I was fully trusting in my muscle memory to lead me to the precinct. All the way there, my mind was buzzing with two questions.

How did he know my name? Did he know Noah?

I saw the building and stumbled in, making the receptionist give me a weird look. He was a short man, and his face had a huge scar across his forehead, from a robbery gone bad according to rumors. He always had a very fatherly aura around him. I think his name was Richard, but I always called him Richie Rich.

I was leaning against the wall, my legs could no longer support my weight. Still gripping my chest I slid down slightly before falling into a heap on the floor. My head was between my knees, desperately trying to catch my breath.

What is happening? Noah died from a heart attack. How did Damon of all people know him? What did he mean by 'Noah loved to boast'? Did he know him? what is happening? My thoughts were moving fast, almost unintelligible. I need to breathe quickly.

"Reynolds you good?" He asked, looking at me slightly panicked. He looked around before waving someone over, his face red as he looked at the newcomer. I couldn't look at the newcomer, I was on the verge of passing out, I needed to snap out of this ASAP.

"New shit-show?" The patronizing voice of Daniel Silvia entered my ears. I had good snarky comebacks, but I was trying not to die right now. I squeezed my eyes shut mumbling Miranda Rights

You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions. If you give up the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be against you in court.

As if finally understanding what I had been mumbling repeatedly, he spoke, his voice full of surprise. "Reynolds are you... drunk?" Daniel crouched to my level, looking at me calculating. I bet he's celebrating now that I've finally gone senile. Now he can shit talk about me freely. Can he get me admitted into the psych ward?

NOT THE TIME ALEXANDRA CASTOR BEATRICE REYNOLDS

"I-Ice." I choked out, wheezing now.

He looked at me for a split second before nodding at someone, probably the receptionist guy.

"Okay Alexandra, I will carry you to the washroom now okay? can I do that?" Daniel was using his 'victim voice' at me how I wanted to punch his teeth in. Is he enjoying my suffering? I could never tell with this guy, he was a locked book. Unable to do anything and wanting not to attract unwanted attention, I nodded.

He gently lifted me, one arm under my knee and other supporting my back. He smelled of cigarettes and tea tree oil. I bet the smell of cigarettes is because of the precinct air, he doesn't seem like the kind to smoke. He didn't speak the whole way, to wherever he was taking me. As a fed, I should probably be concerned, but then again, I found myself trusting him.

He walked to the women's restroom, closed the door with his foot, and sat me on the counter. He handed me some paper towels, awkwardly scratching his cheek, "For your uh..." He gestured to my face.