𝟔❦

Adam and Chuuya were speaking quickly as they walked along a road at a fast pace.

When they had reached the top of a hill, Chuuya looked as if he had given up. "Alright, alright. I get that this mission is important to you, but I'm busy. So, why don't we do this?" Chuuya rested his hand on a guardrail.

"And 'this' is...?"

"This."

Right as he said that, Chuuya jumped over the guardrail and plunged to the bottom of a cliff.

"Ah!"

Adam looked down in a panic. Chuuya had landed about four meters down on a highway, and he waved his hand before running off.

"He escaped!"

Adam chased after him. He jumped over the guardrail and landed on the road below, leaving radial cracks beneath him.

"Wait, Chuuya-san!"

Chuuya had run on ahead into a dim tunnel. It was long and dark, making it difficult to see where Chuuya ran off to.

"You can't run from me!"

Adam lowered his body and got into a position that reduced the air resistance he got from dashing. It was a calculated position that was optimized based on hydrodynamics. He ended up overtaking a moving car in the blink of an eye.

Adam's figure got smaller and smaller until finally, he disappeared.

"Or so you say."

Chuuya said as he clung to the roof of the tunnel. He had used his gravity to hide in the darkness of the tunnel's roof.

He waited two more minutes before releasing his gravity and gently landing on the ground. He dusted off his clothes before walking at a leisurely pace.

"An English investigator, huh?" Chuuya said, staring at the exit of the tunnel. "Things sure are getting strange around here."

Just then, a luxurious car stopped next to Chuuya.

Chuuya looked at the black car. The inside of the car couldn't be seen because of the tinted windows, and everything from the tires to the car body to the glass looked bulletproof. It was one of the mafia's cars.

A man wearing black clothes appeared from the driver's seat and said only a few words. "You've been summoned by the boss."

"A mailman?" Chuuya said.

Mailman was the nickname given to those who dealt with a specific role in the organization. They were the communicators. When someone wanted information that couldn't be conveyed by letter or telephone, but they were too busy to meet in person or couldn't be seen in public, the mailmen came into play. They relayed messages no matter the place. The mailmen were uncommunicative, unsociable, and rich. Just by delivering a simple message, there was quite a large sum awarded to them. However, the high reward for their messages wasn't unreasonable. If the police or enemy organizations tried to get in contact with them, they'd have to drive them away and if that wasn't possible, commit suicide and take their secrets to the grave.

The man was tall, with a black hat and sunglasses meant to hide his face. With that, he truly looked like a mailman. He didn't say anything unnecessary as he waited for Chuuya's reaction.

"Do you know why?"

"About the same as you do." The man in the black hat shook his head. "Just that Pianoman, Albatross, Doc, Lippmann, and Iceman have all been called for the same reason. Everyone is already waiting at a different location."