CHS Pep Rally

Previously on MLP EG: Friendship Games...

Na, na, na-na-na, oh, na, na, let's go

.

.

.

Y/n POV

After that encounter with that person that was messing with the portal. We meet up with the girls in the library. Applejack leans back in a chair, feet propped up; Fluttershy sits on the floor near her backpack and Angel; Pinkie sits on a rolling ladder intended for reaching the top shelves; Rarity pulls a book from one of the lower ones; Sundown paces the floor as I lay against a bookcase.  

"He was definitely doing something to the statue, or was going to." I stated. 

"Do you think he came through the portal from Equestria?" Fluttershy asked as she held Angel in her arms. 

"No, I-I'm pretty sure I woulda noticed that. I think he was from over here." Sundown stated. 

"Well, that's a relief. The last thing we need is another magical so-and-so bent on world domination comin' over from Equestria." Applejack stated. 

She sets her book on her knees during this line, then puts her arms behind her head and winks at Sundown. He responds with a smirk and a cocked eyebrow, taking with good humor.

"Agreed. I have no interest in another fight against the powers of evil magic. The wear and tear on my wardrobe is just too much to keep up with." Rarity stated. 

"Still, a mysterious figure snooping around the portal? Don't you want to know what he was up to?" Sundown asked. 

"I don't even want to guess." Fluttershy stated as she shuttered. 

"Well, you don't have to—because I've totally figured out who it was." Rainbows stated 

"Ooh, ooh! A nighttime statue cleaner? A magical portal maintenance maintainer? A gardener?" Pinkie asked, guessing. 

"Seeing as how they got off a bus from the city and got back on a bus headed to the city, I'll bet they go to..." Rainbows said, pushing Pinkie out of her space. 

"...Crystal Prep." Me and the girls stated in unison. 

"Yep. With the Friendship Games starting tomorrow, they'd totally try to prank us by defacing the Wondercolt statue." Rainbows stated. 

"Why would anyone take a bus all the way from the city for that?" Sundown asked as Applejack stood up. 

"Because the Crystal Prep Shadowbolts are our biggest rivals?" Applejack stated. 

"Because that's just what the students at Crystal Prep would do?" Rarity said. 

"Because even though they beat us in everything...soccer...tennis...golf...they still have to gloat!" Rainbows stated as she showed Sundown pictures that had Crystal Prep on top every time and then the Wondercolt statue dressed like a clown. 

"Seems kinda silly to me." Sundown stated as he pushed the book down and out of his face. 

"SILLY?!?" The girls exclaimed in unison. 

"So I guess you think the Friendship Games are silly too." Rainbows stated. 

"Well, it's not like we'll be fighting the powers of evil magic." Sundown stated. 

"No, we'll be fighting against a school full of meanies. Not everything has to be magical to be important." Fluttershy stated with a hand on Sundown's shoulder.