Chapter 21

"You had a lot of internal bleeding. We have to fix it. You have to take your medicines on time. We will take care of it until you are here but once you are out of here you aren't our problem anymore and you know this." Nancy did notice that the doctor's behavior was strange with her. She could tell he worked for Damon.

Nancy gulped and felt out of energy. "Water," She asked and one of the nurses came to her and helped her get water.

"Are you hungry?" The nurse asked but Nancy shook her head. She had doubts if Damon would care about her enough to arrange for her surgery. He was angry and could leave her to die without a blink. She didn't ask any of it from the nurse because she couldn't. She was to never bad mouth him. And, Nancy knew things like these won't remain hidden.

"Are you Mrs. Anderson?" The nurse asked,

Nancy looked at her and nodded, "Yes, for how long I was here?" She asked and the nurse replied. "It's been a day." Nancy gulped and tried to look normal when she asked, "Where's my husband?"

"Staff from your residence dropped you here. We haven't heard anything from anyone until now." Nancy narrowed her eyes "How much for the bill?" She got worried.

"This facility is owned by Anderson's. You don't owe us anything." The surgeon replied. It was only now that Nancy noticed this doctor was nothing like medical staff should be. But she didn't think any of it.

Nancy looked around. Of course, Anderson owned this place. And, she was an Anderson. Nancy felt stupid for asking for the bill but she refused to think much of it.

"When am I to be discharged?" She asked the doctor this time.

"We are asked to wait for the further order from Anderson estate." The nurse replied while the surgeon kept scribbling something on her file. Nancy knew this hospital was one of a kind for not considering her condition but wait for Damon's order about her. She was nothing but a captive and it shows in their behavior.

"If you have any discomfort you can call us through this intercom." The nurse who had walked out to call for the doctor spoke this time. Nancy waited for a moment before she nodded her head. But then recalling how she had a lot of questions about the wound on her arm she asked, "What about my arm? How is it?" This time Nancy's voice wasn't of confusion or fear.

"It's fine." This time the doctor replied all the while looking at her file. The response didn't calm Nancy.

"I am more concerned about my arm. Is it rotting or something? It did smell bad."

"I have realized you haven't been changing the bandage." The doctor still was busy on the file and refused to look at her.

"I was busy. Got things to do." Nancy tried to cover.

"I won't lie. There is not a lot I can prescribe you for the kind of life you are leading. It will be a waste anyway."

"What? What did you say?" Nancy asked and this made the surgeon look at her.

"When I said you can ask for anything. I didn't mean I would entertain your petty concerns. It was just out of courtesy. You are not even admitted here on the papers. You know what you are. Don't you? Your husband beat the shit out of you. And, we collected the mess that was made of you. We know what you are. You are someone who won't even get a cleaner's job here."

Nurses remained quiet. Nancy held her head high. She had realized that these people were nothing to be respected for. And, she better tell them she was not for theirs to decide.

Nancy gestured for the nurse to pass her the glass of water. The nurse poured her the water and Nancy sipped on it before throwing it across the room. Nancy looked at the surgeon and ordered, "Get out of here,"