2. Beautiful

"Eren. Eren. Eren! Wake up!" Armin whisper shouts at his partner, gently shaking him.
"Mm? Armin? What's wrong?" His voice is groggy and quiet, as if he's trying not to wake anyone up. Eren occasionally forgets that he and Armin live alone these days, after three years in the military their new life would take some getting used to.
"I have to go..." Armin had never had trouble with his disability but he was often reminded that he couldn't do the little things anymore.
"So? Go." Eren whispered, rolling over again. Eren had taken the disability a lot harder than his partner had but often forgot that he still needed help now and again.
"I... Can't, Eren. I can't see where anything is."
"Switch the lights on then." Armin smiled to himself at his partner's forgetfulness.
"My God, Eren. Wake up!" Armin shook the other boy more violently this time, resulting in a sleepy Eren shooting upright in the bed and having a little panic attack.
"Armin? Armin! I can't see, Armin! Where are you?" He started to feel the space next to him and blink rapidly, eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness. The blonde boy chuckled at Eren's reaction.
"I'm right here, calm down. I just needed you to help me find the bathroom." Armin replied calmly, putting a hand on the brunette's shoulder.
"Oh, yeah." He replied, realization causing his face to contort in horror. "Oh my God. Armin, I am so sorry. I forgot and-"
"It's fine, really. Now, bathroom?" He smiled and took the other boy's hand.
"Yeah, okay. Bathroom." Eren slowly got out of bed and walked around to the other side, helping the blonde boy up and linking an arm with his. He walked slowly towards the bathroom and helped Armin to feel around for where everything was. Once he was sure the other was fully able to handle himself, he walked out of the bathroom and leaned against the wall, sliding down onto the wooden floor. Face in his hands, the brunette began to cry, letting hot tears slide silently down his face.
"Eren? I'm done." The brunette boy cleared his throat, trying to cough away any evidence of his tears.
"Coming, just... Give me a second." Eren pushed himself up off of the floor and began roughly wiping his tears away, walking toward the other boy. He pulled Armin into a hug and let himself cry again.
"Shh... Eren, it's okay. I'm right here." He brought his small, pale hands up to his partners face, feeling the details he couldn't see. Eren smiled and kissed each of Armin's palms.
"How is it that you're so much stronger than me? Here I am crying over the fact that you can't see and you're comforting me. How do you do that?"
"I can do it because I love you. If I didn't have you, I don't think I could." He wiped the tears off of the taller boy's face with his thumb, causing Eren to smile once again.
"Hey, you're smiling. Yay!" The blonde boy beamed, only serving to make his partner smile more.
"How did you know?"
"I can feel you smile. I don't know how, but I just know when you're smiling. The air around you just feels different." His slightly faded blue eyes lit up as he spoke. The taller one kissed him suddenly, making him stumble backwards. Soon enough though, Armin had his arms wrapped around his partner's neck and his cloudy blue eyes fluttered shut.
"What was that for?" He asked, when the brunette boy released him.
"Because you are the most beautiful person on this planet Armin Arlert and I love you." He replied, picking the smaller boy up and carrying him back to their bed where they both fell asleep, foreheads touching, lips inches apart.