The checklist

Athena's PoV

I flop onto my bed and replay the moments from the night, pulling out a clipboard and a checklist.

"1. He is a gentleman."

We had taken the liberty of travelling like a mortal, in a private car with a driver. Poseidon hopped out as quickly as possible, and I had thought it was just the nerves until the car door on my side opens. Poseidon offers me his hand and hauls me out of the car gently.

Check.

"2. He is polite and kind to the waitress."

In the seafood restaurant Poseidon had taken me, he was always gracious to the waitress, offering her a smile and thank you as she took our order.

Check.

"3. He respects my standing."

When it came to the payment of the bill, Poseidon looked at me once, then nodded as he paid for half of the meal while I paid for the other half. I smiled in satisfaction - other girls might want her date to pay for her, but I love that Poseidon understands I would not stand for it. I am a goddess, an independent goddess.

Check.

"4. He is intelligent."

I think we all know this one is a bit too hard for Poseidon, but surprisingly he's not all stupid. He's smart in his own way, like the difference between book smart and street smart.

Half check.

I clutched the board in my arms, falling into deep slumber with a smile on my face.

A/N: I'm sorry, this is so cringe (and boring).