009: underoos and baby genius

"What? Baby genius? Where the hell did that even come from!?"

——

(Trigger warning: panic attacks (but only for a short while)

RAYVER STANDS ANXIOUSLY IN FRONT
Of his older sister who was dressed in a formal white suit and wearing a very anxious look on her face as she crosses her arms and takes in the sight of her younger brother in his suit.

The suit hugged him perfectly as if it was meant for him, and only him. The hood made him look more mysterious and cold, the mask made him less revealing and Pepper was grateful for that. Because she does not want her younger brother to be a hot topic in social media and get dragged to pres conference.

She tries to smile and fails miserably and Rayver just ushers her into a bone crushing hug. Rayver almost did not want to let go and it was obvious that Pepper didn't want to as well because.. her nails were practically digging on his suit.

"You stay safe, you hear me?" Pepper says in a stern hushed voice which earned a breathy laugh from her younger brother. "I promise that I'll come home to you in one piece Peps" He says back in a hushed tone aswell and he could feel the smile from Pepper as they let go of each other.

Pepper nods sharply and stares at him and Tony for one last time as Rayver makes his way towards the stairs of the private jet
Pepper takes a step back and gulps.

"You two keep each other safe." She says for the one last time and the two most important people in her life nod at her. It felt like a final goodbye of some kind of video game that Rayver used to play and he absolutely hates every bit of it.

It felt like he was never going to see her again and it makes him anxious in some kind of way. He wants to vomit, run, and scream at the same time but he fights the urge to. He needed to be strong or else all this effort of fixing, making, and designing his suit will go to waste.

It felt like 4 year old Rayver begging his older sister to not leave him with their crazy scientist uncle, and it felt like the time where Pepper tried his best not to cry when she saw her younger brother crying and trying to run after her.

It all felt very damn awful,

He gives Pepper one last look before he nods and tells Tony that he's ready, Pepper watched him with anxious eyes as the door slowly closes and with that, the two siblings were now separated.

They'll be safe she thought, and pushes down everything that she was feeling because she had faith in both of them. The unwavering anxiety were still evident but she stands true to her point that they'll both come back home in one piece and safe.