69-70

Chapter 69 A day back in Yokohama (Part 2)

"What do you mean?" Seeing the ambiguous light in Mori Ogai's eyes, Kanagawa Yu's heart trembled.

He was confused and bewildered. Assimilation? What is assimilation? Assimilate what?

What does this have to do with the changes in Yokohama Tree?

Some thoughts kept impacting his mind, but he couldn't break the blockade of consciousness no matter what.

Seeing Kanagawa Yu's confused eyes, Mori Ogai's eyes darkened and gave up the idea of ​​further exploration.

It seems that like Chuuya-kun, Kanagawa Yu, this life form, has no idea how he appeared in Yokohama and what impact it will have on Yokohama.

He didn't want to alert the enemy before he got a better understanding of the situation .

Yu-kun has already returned to Yokohama, and there will be plenty of time for him to figure out what Yu-kun is.

In the silence between the two, Mori Ogai recalled the follow-up content of the meeting:

"Ranpo-kun, is Yu-kun a human?" This thought has been buried in Mori Ogai's heart for a long time.

From Kanagawa Yu's extraordinary ability, to Chuuya-kun's vague concealment, to the building constructed by the ability that did not disappear even after his death.

All of this made Mori Ogai doubt what Kanagawa Yu was.

"Yu-chan is connected to Yokohama, and this connection is two-way." The information that Edogawa Ranpo has can only support his above reasoning. "

In addition, he did not suddenly come to Yokohama from somewhere else, he has been in Yokohama from the beginning." There is no trace of anything other than Yokohama on Kanagawa Yu, he belongs to Yokohama completely.

Edogawa Ranpo puffed up his cheeks in distress. This is exactly what he couldn't figure out. In the final analysis, there are too few clues.

He didn't have many opportunities to contact Kanagawa Yu, or in his subconscious, Kanagawa Yu has been subconsciously avoiding contact with him to avoid being exposed.

After Edogawa Ranpo's voice fell, Mori Ogai suddenly realized: Yes, Kanagawa Yu, Yokohama, what a similar name.

He has been thinking and wondering what Kanagawa Yu is, but he has never connected it with Yokohama.

After all, Kanagawa Yu is a living being, and Yokohama is a city.

Who would connect a living being with a human being? Mori Ogai rarely falls into a blind spot in thinking.

He has more opportunities to contact Kanagawa Yu, and what Ranpo sees is the irrationality of Kanagawa Yu's behavior.

But what Mori Ogai can perceive is the discord in Kanagawa Yu's character.

On the surface, Kanagawa Yu is a righteous, kind, compassionate and empathetic person.

He does not pay attention to external things, has his own persistence in certain aspects, and has an extraordinary love for Yokohama.