Why Don't We Just Dance?

~Jeff~

"Down the hall; maybe straight up the stairs. 

Bouncin' off the wall, floatin' on air. 

Baby why don't we just dance?" 

"Help me." Charlie whispers before collapsing to the floor. "Charlie?" I question, walking over to her and feeling for her pulse. "It's faint, but it's still there." I whisper, feeling my stomach drop. I quickly stand up and look around, trying to figure out what to do. "Fuck, I have to get her to the hospital." I shout, kicking the garbage can. I run upstairs and find her cover up shit and apply some really quick, but messy. Once that's on, I run back downstairs and grab her phone. Once it's in my hand, I call 911. 

911: 911, what's your emergency?

Me: My girlfriend just fell unconscious on the floor. I don't know what to do! 

I shout frustratingly into the phone. 

911: Sir, I'll need your address and possible reason for why she fainted. 

Me: I think it's from stress or lack of sleep. I'm not sure and yeah here's my address.

After I give the lady the address and she says help's on the way, I run upstairs and pack Charlie a bag quickly, grabbing a random pair of shoes and a dress. I nod my head and run back downstairs, just to hear a knock on the door. I grab Charlie quickly and carefully before opening the door, seeing some ambulance workers. "Sir, what's her name?" "Her name is Charlie. Charlie Edwards. We've been dating now for about three months." I make up a quick lie for how long we've known each other. 

"Okay sir, if you'd put her on the gurney." one of the men says, bringing it over. I lay her down gently, watching them buckle her in. I climb in the ambulance after them, her bag of clothes in my hand. After a quick drive with the paramedics doing strange things with her, we make it too the hospital. I hear a doctor get called over. I look at him and see him check over Charlie for a moment. "By a quick observation, she doesn't have anything too major. Just hook her up to an I.V. in one of the rooms. I'll be in there in a moment." the doctor shouts to the nurse. 

I watch as they wheel Charlie off. "Now sir, what exactly happened?" the doctor asks, lightly pushing me onto a chair. "We were talking in the kitchen then she mumbled a help me and fainted." I rush, trying to look passed him and at Charlie. "Is there anything going on in her life at the moment they may be causing her stress?" If only you knew. I think to myself before answering. "I'm not entirely sure. I do know that the other day she got into a fight with a girl at the store. She won't tell me who since she doesn't want me worrying about it." I lie straight through my teeth. 

"Ah, okay. Well, please call her parent's for me while I go check on her." I nod my head while he walks away. I grab her phone and gulp for a seconds before dialing her mother. I head outside quickly where no people are. 

Nichole: Hey baby girl! How are you? I haven't heard from you in a while. 

Me: This is Jeff. Uhm, I need you too come to the house Charlie and I are staying in... She's sort of in the hospital right now and when she get's out, she'll wanna be with you.

Nichole: What? You don't have anything to do with this do you? 

Me: No I don't. The doctor thinks it's either lack of sleep or stress.

Nichole: She does have insomnia. Toby and I will be there soon. Is there anything that I should bring?

Me: Bring a photo album or two. Make sure you bring Jacob. Also bring some clothes. I'll explain all about your situation when you get there. I'll text you the address. Charlie will be released shortly no doubt. 

Nichole: Alright, thanks for letting me know Jeff.

After that we both hang up. "That was awkward." I mumble, turning around and heading into the hospital. I see the doctor and head over to him. "So, what's going on with her?" I ask timidly. "Well, she fainted because of stress. I also did a bit of a background check and noticed that she has insomnia. So, I put her on some pills for both. She has about five refills for them. She has to take one a day. Once in the morning. She's able to go home as soon as she wakes up." the doctor concludes by handing me a prescription. 

I run over the pharmacy and place it. Once I have the pills, I walk into the room that they kept Charlie in. I look at her and notice that she's awake and staring at the bed. I walk over and sit next to her. "Charlie? You mom, dad, and Jacob are coming to visit the house for a bit." I watch her curiously as she looks up at my, her face a little pale. "That's great. I'm excited." she mumbles, leaning back into the bed afterwords. 

"Look, I know you fainting was partly my fault because of the whole accident thing the other day, and not to mention Jane. But the doctor gave you some medicine for it. You only take one a day. I'm sorry for putting you in all of this, it wasn't meant to happen." I mumble, grabbing her hand lightly. "I know Jeff... I know." she whispers, looking over at me. I pull her up and out of the bed a little. "Now, I brought you some clothes to wear home." I smile, handing her the bag. She just nods her head and walks into the bathroom and changes. 

She walks out, her hair brushed from her fingers; a small smile playing from her lips. "You look great." I chuckles, walking over and intertwining our hands. "Right, thanks." she says bashfully. I shake my head with a smile and walk her out of the room and too the reception desk. She signs herself out and we walk out into the parking lot. "I didn't drive the car so we need to take a cab. Unless you want to walk since we aren't that far." I suggest, looking over at her. "We can walk. It's a nice day." 

I smile and lead her down the street. When we're about halfway there, I get an idea. I pull her close to me in a swift move and spin her around like one would do dancing. "Jeff! What are you doing?" she shouts, laughing. "Well, I'm dancing with you." I chuckle, spinning her around again before dipping her. "Well, that was fun." she laughs, looking up at me. I smile and lean in and kiss her again; enjoying the taste of her lips. 

I hear her giggle when I pull apart and stand us up. "You can't just randomly kiss me like that. That's not the way it works." she laughs, hip bumping me before we continue our walk. "Well, I'll try not to do that when you're family visits." "You better not." she giggles, wrapping an arm around me as we continue our walk.