get a little lost

‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾

‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾.

Jade is waiting for Elena and Caroline to arrive at the parade. She finds Alex standing with Stefan and Damon and walks over to them.

Damon whistles as she walks up and looks her up and down. "Somebody was born in the wrong decade."

"Damon."

Alex walks over and kisses both her cheeks. "He's a bit creepy, but he's got the right idea. You look hot as hell."

"Thank you, and damn." She looks at his royal blue velvet suit. Stefan is wearing a  black one, just with a different coloured tie. Damon is in regular Damon garb.

"I know. Thank you. Feel," he says, pointing to the velvet.

Damon walks over. "Don't mind if I do."

Stefan grabs his brother and pulls him back by the cuff. "Sorry about him. He's mannerless."

"Why are you here anyway?" Jade asks, looking at Damon, "I can't imagine you're that excited about watching the float."

"Why wouldn't I be here? Bonnie deactivated the Gilbert invention, Isobel is gone and it's Founders' Day! I'm here to eat cotton candy and steal your guys and girls."

"Don't start with me, Damon."

Ah. This was about last night's talk.

"Oh, you started this Stefan with that whole I'm insecure, leave Elena alone speech. I'm enjoying that."

"The what?" Alex asks.

"As long as you heard it."

"What? You have no sense of humor, Stefan."

"Actually I've no sense of Damon humor."

Damon laughs, "Damon humor...Hey look, I get it, I get it. I'm the better, hotter, superior choice and you're scared, now that Katherine is out of the picture, that I'm gonna turn all my attention to Elena. But don't worry, Elena is not Katherine."

"You're right, she's not."

They look at someone in the crowd, and Jade follows their gaze to Elena, who's curled her hair and looks eerily similar to the photo of Katherine from 1846.

This was going to be a long day.

‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾.

Jade doesn't know how exactly Caroline had managed it, but she'd gotten Jade and Alex with her on the float. Matt had been her escort, so he was with her. Stefan and Elena were alongside them.

Jade waves extra hard to Bonnie when they pass by her. She sees Damon alongside her, which doesn't bode well for anyone. Damon blows a kiss to Jade and Alex as they pass by, and she rolls her eyes.