Chapter 8

It was game one of the Stanley Cup Finals and I was on edge the whole entire game.

Jonathan scored once but that was about it.

"So," he asked after the game, "have you thought-?" I put my hand up as I took off my trainers' jacket.

"Have I thought about apologizing? No. Will I apologize? No. Good game though." I patted his shoulder very lightly and walked away.

"You're an idiot for losing her like that." Andrew Shaw muttered behind me.

"Andrew, please shut up." I turned around and looked to see Jonathan trying to fight with him.

"Alright you two. Knock it off right now." Coach Q came up behind me and separated the two of them.

"I'm going back to the hotel," I announced.

"I'm driving you to the hotel," Jonathan replied. I totally forgot about that. He's the one who drove me here, and he's got to drive me back to the hotel.

I felt sick the entire ride back to the hotel. I'm not sure if I'm really, really sick, or if I'm just paranoid sitting next to Jonathan.

"Hey, you okay? You're really quiet." He noticed.

"Oh," I wanted to say, "I didn't know." But I didn't. Instead I remained silent.

"You sick or something? You haven't said a word since-." We were at a red light when he brushed my forehead.

"Jonathan, stop. Please just leave me alone. I'm absolutely fine, okay?" He put his hands up and we kept driving.

I got out the of car and slammed the door, crying.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He came out and put his hand on the small of my back.

"N-nothing," I sputtered.

"Yes there is." He brought me in for a hug.

"No there's not! Just go to your room!" I broke off into a run for my door.

I didn't realize that it wasn't open until I hit my head on the door and fell over. Jonathan came running up to me and put his hand behind my head to sit me upright.

"Okay, you're okay. I'm right here." He's a very good nurse, or so he thinks he is.

He drove me down to the hospital just to make sure I wasn't dead yet.

I was laying down in the back, breathing really heavy and trying to keep myself alive.

Once we did get to the hospital, I was out cold. I had fallen asleep to the sound of the country music he was playing.

"C'mon, wake up now." I moved, but ever so slightly. I was sitting upright and was carried out of the car, but then set on my own two feet where I was real wobbly and almost threw up.

"I've gotcha." He led me into the ER waiting room and sat me in a chair while he went to go find me a doctor.

I sat there with my head hug low over my aching body until I felt a hand rubbing my back.

"They said they'll bring you back when the can, okay?" He kissed my forehead. I just sat there and kept breathing really heavy. "Take a deep breath. You're okay. I promise." I did just as I was told. Breathing slowly and not as heavy.

I eventually rested my head on his shoulder and felt a little sleepy.

"Danielle Roberts?" I was carried into the ER room and laid onto the table very carefully and gently.