FIVE

Sungho walked onto the campus. His hair was unstyled, he wore a zipped up white and navy blue track jacket, paired with some straight black jeans, and a messenger bag strapped over him. He thought that getting influenced by his brother's fashion sense would be a good thing, but it got pretty annoying when all eyes were always on him. He wanted to hide. He could feel his cheeks turning red from all of the attention. He felt a tap on his back, and he turned around, seeing a girl holding her phone to him with two hands.

"I think you're very handsome, can I please get your number!" She pleaded, shoving her phone to Sungho.

The boy grabbed the phone, his lips slightly parted from shock. He wasn't that handsome. All he knew was that he was a guy with broad shoulders.

"I-I'm sorry, I'm not looking into dating anyone at the moment," He apologised, gently giving the phone back to the girl with a soft smile on his face.

"Really? That's a shame... But I'd still really like your number! And then maybe we could-"

"He said no, I'm sorry, could you please leave him alone?" A voice called out from behind.

Sungho changed his attention to the voice standing behind the girl, and saw Jaehyun. He was standing there, holding his backpack with one hand and giving a scarily sweet look to the girl. He walked closer to them, his fluffy black hair bouncing as he came closer.

"If someone says no, it's not good to pester them, okay?" Jaehyun whispered sweetly, which ran a chill down the girl's spine.

She bowed quickly and ran off, leaving Sungho and Jaehyun together. Jaehyun turned his attention back to Sungho, his scarily sweet expression suddenly changed to a golden retriever type of happy.

"Who knew we'd see each other this soon," He smiled, taking in Sungho's simple, yet stylish outfit.

"I didn't think we'd see each other this soon either... By the way, thanks for the help," Sungho replied, returning the smile to the latter as they began to walk.

"Don't worry about it. You looked like you were stuck, so I helped you," Jaehyun said, walking with him.

The two continued to talk as they walked into the campus. They must've gotten distracted as they both realised they had entered the wrong building. They quickly headed out of the building and walked towards their respective buildings. Even though they had just departed ways, Sungho pulled out his phone to message Jaehyun.

Myung Puppy

Thanks again

Looks like I owe you two

meals haha

It was nothing, really

We're friends, right?

Yeah, but you've already

done so much for me :P

Haha, I see

How about I come to your

building after classes and we

go out to eat?

You could finally pay for that

meal you've been wanting to pay

for me

Deal! I'm in the health building

Classroom 17

Okay!

_ _ _ _ _ _

Jaehyun walked out of his classroom, drained from whatever lesson he had just had. He walked over to the health building, looking for classroom 17. Just when he was about to step inside the classroom, he stopped himself when he saw two figures inside. One of them was Sungho, and the other was a short guy with pink hair. Jaehyun hid behind the wall, trying to listen in and look at what was going on.

He watched the shorter boy hug the taller one. The hug seemed really affectionate. It made his blood boil. Suddenly, a voice called out to him from behind, making him jump.

"What are you doing here?" Taesan asked, approaching the shocked Jaehyun.

"Oh... Taesan, I'm just... Uh..."

"You didn't even meet me at our usual spot this morning, where were you?" Taesan questioned, leaning in close to Jaehyun.

"I was... Somewhere!"

"No, no... You were with someONE," Taesan teased, his eyes looking inside of the classroom.

"You finally found someone, have you?" Taesan laughed, pulling away from Jaehyun.

Jaehyun's eyes widened at Taesan's questions and he rolled his eyes.

"Why is everyone saying that to me? Even Woonhak said that to me-"

"Wow, so Woonhak found out before I did?" Taesan complained, feeling betrayed.

Their interaction was cut short when Sungho exited the classroom with his short 'friend'. He looked between Jaehyun and Taesan, seeing their closeness made his heart sink a bit, but he didn't know why.

"Hyung, I'm going to hang out with Leehan, I'll catch you later," The shorter boy said, waving to Sungho as he ran away.

Sungho waved back, giving the short boy his usual smile. He turned back to the other two, giving them the same smile.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Han Taesan, Jaehyun's best friend. You must be Jaehyun's new boy- Ack-!"

Jaehyun kicked Taesan in the shin, causing the boy to grab his leg in pain. Jaehyun gave Sungho a sweet smile, and looked past him, where the short boy ran off.

"Who was that?" Jaehyun innocently asked.

"The boy before? Oh, that was just my brother. He's a first year," Sungho replied.

Jaehyun felt a wave of relief hit him. So they were just siblings. He turned back to his friend, who was still clenching his shin in pain. Jaehyun mouthed out a half-hearted apology before turning back to Sungho.

"Are you okay? I'm Park Sungho by the way, a new friend of Jaehyun's," Sungho said, reaching a hand out to Taesan.

The latter grabbed it, allowing Sungho to pull him up.

"Wow, you're really strong, Sungho!" Taesan exclaimed, gripping Sungho's hand to feel the muscle.

Sungho chuckled in shyness, he wasn't used to all the compliments. Taesan felt daggers being stared into him, and when he diverted his attention to his best friend, he let go of Sungho's hand.

"Shall we go?" Jaehyun asked, his frown turning into a warm smile as he looked at Sungho.

Before Sungho could even answer, the impatient boy grabbed his hand and dragged him away, leaving Taesan by himself. Taesan gave them a confused wave as he watched Sungho being dragged away by his best friend.

He definitely likes him, Taesan thought to himself.

(A/N - This part is now part of a side romance. It won't affect the main story so feel free to skip it if you want)

Just as Taesan turned to leave, he crashed into someone, making him fall to the floor. He looked up and saw a tall prince-like man. He had long brown hair that was tied in a half-up half-down style. Taesan realised that the boy had dropped his book, so like the gentleman he was, Taesan picked it up and handed it to the latter while getting up from the ground.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see you there," Taesan laughed, handing the book back to the latter.

The boy stared at Taesan for a few seconds. Its duration got longer and Taesan began to feel awkward. The boy grabbed the notebook and walked past Taesan, saying a simple "ok", before fully leaving. Astonished, Taesan turned to look at the back of the rude boy. Who did he think he was? He didn't even apologise for walking into Taesan either. Taesan let out a small huff before walking in the opposite direction. He hoped to never see that boy again.