Medusa

Hey Guys so yeah got my laptop back and i am starting the next chapter now so i will post it soon

Love ya

Bree13345

So there they were, Annabeth, Percy and Grover and Erin, walking through the woods along the New Jersey riverbank, the glow of New York City making the night sky yellow behind them, and the smell of the Hudson reeking in there noses.

"all there kindly ones at once" Grover said shivering, "come on faster, the more we get away the better" Annabeth said, "All our money was back there," Percy reminded her. "Our food and clothes. Everything." "Well, maybe if you hadn't decided to jump into the fight-"
"What did you want me to do? Let you get killed?" "You didn't need to protect me, Percy. I would've been fine."

"Sliced like sandwich bread," Grover put in, "but fine."

"Shut up, goat boy," said Annabeth.

Grover brayed mournfully. "Tin cans ... a perfectly good bag of tin cans."

"I cant believe that I put all of my money with you Percy, but I do have some wiz- I mean some of those squares and a few other thing" Erin said looking in her bag, "never knew you knew how to fight Erin, didn't even know you had a sword" Annabeth said, Erin smiled at her, "how'd you think I got the flag Annabeth", "I thought look gave it to you" Erin scoffed at that "yeah no, learnt how to fight at 10, and I got my sword last year, and the necklace" Erin said rolling the sword charm in her fingers, "does your sword have a name" Grover asked, "yep, Dumbledore" Erin said, "Dumbledore?" Annabeth asked confused, "yep Dumbledore, last year I found out that when I was two I was kidnapped by two men, probley would have killed me but then a great man named Albus Dumbledore saved me" Erin said smiling slightly, they sloshed across mushy ground, through nasty twisted trees that smelled like sour laundry.

After a few minutes, Annabeth fell into line next to Percy. "Look, I..." Her voice faltered. "I appreciate your coming back for us, you and Erin okay? That was really brave."

"We're a team, right?" She was silent for a few more steps. "It's just that if you and Erin died ... aside from the fact that it would really suck for you two, it would mean the quest was over. This may be my only chance to see the real world."

The thunderstorm had finally let up. The city glow faded behind them, leaving them in almost total darkness. No one could see anything. "You haven't left Camp Half-Blood since you were seven?" Percy asked her. "No ... only short field trips. My dad-"
"The history professor." "Yeah. It didn't work out for me living at home. I mean, Camp Half-Blood is my home." She was rushing her words out now, as if she were afraid somebody might try to stop her. "At camp you train and train. And that's all cool and everything, but the real world is where the monsters are. That's where you learn whether you're any good or not."

"You're pretty good with that knife," Percy said.
"You think so?" "Anybody who can piggyback-ride a Fury is okay by me." "You know," she said, "maybe I should tell you ... Something funny back on the bus ..."

Whatever she wanted to say was interrupted by a shrill toot-toot-toot, like the sound of an owl being tortured. "Grover!" Erin yelled jumping

"Hey, my reed pipes still work!" Grover cried. "If I could just remember a 'find path' song, we could get out of these woods!"

He puffed out a few notes, but the tune still sounded suspiciously like Hilary Duff. Instead of finding a path, Percy immediately slammed into a tree and got a nice-size knot on his head. Erin laughed at Percy but then she tripped on a tree root, which then it was Percy's turn to laugh. They kept walking until they saw a deserted two-lane road through the trees. On the other side was a closed- down gas station, a tattered billboard for a 1990s movie, and one open business, which was the source of the neon light and the good smell. "What the heck does that say?" Erin asked.