𝟢𝟢𝟨

୨୧ Layla ivers ୨୧

           ✧・: *✧・゚*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

           ✧・: *✧・゚*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The three of them walked in as a small bell chimed overhead. The shop was dimly lit, filled with a mix of antique furniture and strange artifacts. Every corner seemed to hold a secret, and the flickering candlelight cast shadows on the walls.

Layla noticed that the shop was empty. It made sense since it was so early, but it seemed strange that not even the owner was there. Who would leave a shop open without anyone to watch it

"Are you sure this is the place?" Luke asked Chris, glancing around at the antique furniture.

"Yeah, this is the one Chiron told us about," Chris replied, his voice steady as he walked deeper into the store, fanning himself to stop the heat.

"I don't think shops are supposed to be open without an owner," Layla said, pointing out the obvious.

"Yeah, even Jules can see it," Luke smirked, turning to face her.

Bitch

Layla raised her middle finger at Luke, sending him a smile. But before Luke could respond, Chris interrupted.

"Hello?" Chris called out, his voice echoing slightly in the stillness as sweat dripped down his temple. "We're looking for the owner."

There was no response, just the creaking of the floorboards as they walked further into the shop.

Luke ran his fingers along the edge of a polished oak table
"Look at this place," Luke murmured. "It feels like we've stepped back in time."

Layla's eyes scanned the room, lingering on an ornate mirror that seemed to reflect more than just their images. "Let's not get distracted. We need to find the owner."

Just as she said that a figure emerged from behind a tall bookshelf. He was a wiry man with sharp features, wearing an old suit that might have been elegant once. His eyes gleamed with a strange intensity as he approached them.

"Can I help you?" he asked, his voice soft and frightened.

The three of them stood frozen, trying to process where the man had come from since they hadn't heard any movement or footsteps.

He kept looking at them, and they stared back at him. An awkward silence filled the room until Chris finally spoke.

"Um, yeah, actually," Chris said, stepping forward and trying to appear confident. "We're looking for the owner."