☆ An Act

You stared at your parents sitting in front of you. You were furious.

Beside you was Theo he seemed annoyed as well.

Both of your families arranged a marriage for the two of you to carry on the pureblood bloodline.

You sighed knowing there was nothing to do, you couldn't run away they would track you down and you didn't wanna leave your family either.

Theo stared down at his lap awkwardly not wanting to engage with what was going on.

"So," said your mother "Y/n may you please go put these plates away." Your mother gestured to the ones on the table.

"Yes Ma" you rolled your eyes and went to go put the plates in the sink.

You came back to the table shortly after and sat down again.

Theos father and your parents discussed ideas for the wedding, Theo and his dad left afterwards.

"Y/n take that frown off your face." Your mother scolded you.

"Why do you do this to me" You breathed out angrily.

"Do what" she questioned with anger in her tone.

"You know I don't wanna marry him mum, I'm with someone else and you know that." You spat

"Oh with that half-blood Mattheo?" She spat back "Its not like you would end up marrying him Y/n nobody ends up with their first 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞."

You winced knowing she was right. "Even if you did he would completely ruin the pureblood bloodline and you know it." Your mother continued.

"I don't care!" You yelled "I won't be happy with Theo, I barely even know him! We don't even talk at school."

"That's enough!" Your father yelled and you flinched. "This marriage is happening whether you like it or not."

You felt hot tears streaming down your face and you stormed up angrily to your room.

——————————————

𝟓 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

You had broken up with Mattheo a couple days before, you felt oh so devastated.

There was nothing to do but just follow what your parents had planned for you.

You were sitting down in class with your head down when you felt a tap on your shoulder.

You looked up to see Theo standing behind you with his friends.

"I heard what happened between you and Mattheo, sorry about that" he said with slight concern.

You were upset with him, you knew it wasn't Theos fault that your relationship had ended.

But a part of you blamed him because he's the one your parents told you to marry.

"It's fine" you said loud enough for Theo to hear you. He pat you on the back awkwardly not knowing what else to say and walked away a couple seconds later.