Chapter 21

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, writers block and school stuff were not cooperating with me at all!!

Anyways, enjoy :)

~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 21

~~Lucas's POV~~

There are times where you wish you could take back and forget. Where you wish something just stopped you right before you committed what ever horrible action that caused you to lose the one you love. Especially the times where you drown in guilt everyday about something you did that was so stupid and careless where you even begin to hate yourself for it. You struggle to know what foolish thought crossed your mind that you allowed to control the negative side of you and bring it out.

But, there are also times where you wish it'd last forever. The perfect moment where all you want to do is to live in it eternally. Where you sigh in bliss, content with the pure happiness you are experiencing and not wanting it to end. But you will forever cherish that blissful moment as it now became an unforgettable memory to remember when you're feeling down.

Sometimes you just miss the memories, not the people who betrayed you.

But life is not something that always turns out how we want it to. Life is something we cannot control but it's up to us to be wise with the choices we make as they become our consequences. It's up to us to accept the truth of reality whether we wanted to or not. Being in denial will not solve anything.

As we know from past experiences, Life can be selfish, cruel and heartless. But then it always rewards you later on if you continued to fight, stand up and be strong. You might of lost a dear person, but remember, everything happens for a reason.

But there are dangerous people out there in this world. People who are dead thirsty for revenge. People who feed on murder and violence.

The secret government agency I work for not only gave me a home and a reason to live, but skills and choices that life itself doesn't answer. I found hope for a more successful life but of course, life isn't all rainbows and unicorns.

In this world, there is good and evil.

Friends and traitors...

"Lucas stop spacing out and start training. Don't expect to magically turn to Jackie Chan when it comes to fighting them off." Jennifer snaps as the sound of her loud heels and strong perfume invades my senses.

I groan out of frustration as I grab the gun and shoot the five targets lined besides each other and hit the target exactly in the middle for all five targets. Smirking, I blow the smoke off the gun and walk to an impressed Jennifer with a smirk on my face and hand her the gun.

"Training complete." I say as I walk away only to be grabbed by he collar from the back and pulled backwards.

"Oh no Lucas, we're not done yet."

Rolling my eyes, I straighten my collar. "What more do you want me to do? I destroyed seven boxing bags, hit all the targets perfectly in one go, lifted up 170 kg weights for a whole hour straight, ran ten kilometers in four minutes and carried the old lady across the road to her house. What more do you want!?" I sigh.

"To be able to break open these." Jennifer says as she holds out a pair of hand cuffs.

"Why?" I question with a raised eyebrow.

"Because a lot of unexpected things can happen to even those who are well trained. Just because you're good at a lot of things, does not mean others are not. There are people who can creep up behind you so well whether you're distracted or not, that you won't be able to hear them and then..."