The Harold Song- Larry Oneshot

I wrote this while listening to The Harold Song by Ke$ha. Enjoy.

I miss your soft lips, I miss your white sheets, I miss the scratch of your unshaved face on my cheek

Louis reached out and touched the empty space next to him, where Harry usually slept. The sheets  were unwashed, in hopes that Louis could capture the smell of Harry. The blue-eyed boy rolled over and snuggled close to Harry's side of the bed, where he breathed the sweet scent in and indulged in the memories it brought.

"I love you," Louis breathed out into the still room.

I see your face in strangers on the street

The groceries fell out of Louis' hands, tomatoes splattering and jars breaking open, glass everywhere.

"Harry!" Louis ran after the face he had missed so much. He turned down an aisle, and- oh.

"Can I help you?" asked a curly-haired boy, about fourteen or fifteen, restocking shelves of sweets. 

"Yeah, no, sorry, I'm sorry," Louis mumbled, looking away. As he went to get his groceries, Louis thought, Of course it wasn't him. He's dead.

I still say your name when I'm talking in my sleep

Liam woke to Louis screaming.

"Harry!" Louis wailed. "Harry, come back! Please stay with me! Please! I love you!"

Liam peered down at the bunk below. Louis was dreaming, and it wasn't a good one. He climbed down from his bunk and gently shook the older boy.

"Harry?" Louis whimpered.

"It's Liam." He rubbed his neck in embarrassment. "You were crying in your sleep."

Louis sighed and Liam looked away. "I'm sorry Lou."

"It's okay."

And in the limelight, I play it all fine, but I can't handle it when I turn off my nightlight

"So, Louis. It's been a couple weeks since your fiance's death. How have you been?" The radio host asked.

"I'm still trying to put the pieces together. I miss him so much, and it's been hard. The boys and fans have been a great help. I know they're suffering as well."

Louis didn't mention the sleepless nights; the times when he thinks he sees Harry on the street or at home in the kitchen; and even worse, the nightmares he had where he saw Harry getting shot all over again (which usually ended up in him wetting the bed and crying himself back to sleep).

Remember the time we jumped the fence when the Stones were playing and we were too broke to get in you held my hand and they made me cry while I swore to god it was the best night of my life

Louis sighed as the tour bus bounced over another pothole in the road. His mind drifted back to when he and Harry had went to Leeds. They had seen Ed and others preform, taken pictures with fans, and- Louis shivered- made love for the first time. It had been Harry's first time with anyone, Louis recalled, and he remembered the way the ground had felt under his hands as he pushed into Harry's warm heat.

"Alright, mate?"

Louis looked up to see Niall with his head cocked, looking at him with a strange expression on his face.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

Or when you took me across the world we promised that this would last forever but now I see it was my past life a beautiful time drunk off of nothin but each other till the sunrise

Louis glanced at the sliver band on his finger. He would never forget when he and Harry went to Paris and the younger boy had proposed to him on top of the Eiffel Tower.

They had been looking out over Paris when Harry got down on one knee and said, "So, uh, will you marry me?" 

Louis had screeched and launched himself at Harry, mumbling a mantra of "Yes, yes, yes, I will marry you!"

Everyone on top of the tower had smiled and clapped for the two, congratulating them on their vows of being together forever.

They stayed up late that night, Louis giving Harry celebratory blowjobs, and Harry pinning Louis to the mattress and making love to him.

The next morning they were told off by the manager of the hotel for making too much noise, but she smiled and congratulated them anyways.

Louis sighed and snuggled into Harry's clothes. He had taken the pills. There was no going back. If he was going to die, he was going to die breathing in the vanilla scent that was Harry. Louis felt a little bad, knowing the boys had to find him like this and spread the word.

But it was too late.

Louis wanted to be with Harry again.

"See you soon, Hazza," Louis yawned.

And then he closed his eyes, never to be opened again.

~fin~