Chapter 13 - Passion

Balloon pov :

So.. it was all a dream, wasn't it..? I thought I made things right.. I thought we could've become friends again.. that's a wish of mine that will never come true..
Why does it still hurt so bad, I already know the destiny of our lives. Why can't we just forget each other already.. why can't I forget him already..

I pressed myself against my bed, gripping on the bedsheets tightly. All I can do is weep and cry, knowing it'll do nothing to help the state I'm in.

*knock knock*

"Huh?"
I mutter to myself.

I get up to open the door, even tho leaving my bed was the hardest thing I could ever do. I walked slowly towards the door as more knocks echoed throughout, I quickly opened it to see tea kettle, and she instantly brought me into a hug, but I couldn't feel anything other than guilt.

"What happened, my poor baby boy! You look worse than ever.."
She said.

"Oh- I'm sorry, tea kettle.."
I had nothing to say, especially in a state like this.

I allowed her in my room as I slowly shut the door. She sat on my bed as I sat beside her. I hated this morning or something like that.

"Where's Nickel?"
She questioned.

"He..uh.. he's not here in this room anymore.."
I didn't wanna talk too much about it, I don't wanna remember that... dream.

"Where'd he go?"
The question I didn't want her to ask.

I clenched my hands on my elbow as I looked down. My heart was hurting, the guilt over wanting him to come back, knowing he never will.

"He.. changed rooms."
I mumbled out.
Tea Kettles' eyes widened as she stared at me, unable to speak out words. I kept my gaze down as she regained herself.

"Why.?"

...

"Balloon? You dont have to tell me -"

*drop* *drop*

"Balloon, are you..?"

"I'm sorry! It was all my fault! I-I found his diary and snooped in it with..without his permission, and I just screwed things up! It's all my fault!"

I desperately yelled out as tears flowed down my cheeks, I don't know how tea kettle's gonna take it, but I hated this a lot.. it hurts.. alot..

"Balloon.."

"I'm sorry!"
I yell out.
I let out gasps as I cried even more, I have no more hope in even trying.

*shuffle*

"H-Huh?"

I felt a warm hug on me as I realised tea kettle hugged me, I hugged her back tight,  it doesn't feel nice to be getting a hug when it's all my fault im even in this state, but I can't let go.

"Balloon, it's not your fault."

I quietly sobbed while hugging her, I felt her rubbing my back as she continued.

"You need some rest, how about you stay here for now, I'll give you some time sweetheart."

I let go of her as I kept my face down, I heard the door open and shut, I looked around, noticing I was alone in my room, Box wasn't there either.

Tea Kettles hug felt familiar. It was warm and welcoming, I don't know why, but the only person I think of is Nickel, I liked him a lot, and he's sweet to alot of the younger teens in the hotel, although he hides his true feelings, he always tried to express them, I'll never forget that day.. now he's just hiding his feelings from everyone else staying in his own room.
...