⩩15

━━━━⊱❀ • ❀⊰━━━━

Most people wake up peacefully in the morning to the sound of birds chirping. The gentle melodies serve as a natural, soothing alarm clock, welcoming the new day with a sense of calm and serenity. However, this was not the case for the Sim family today.

The tranquility of the early morning was shattered by the blaring sound of a very loud alarm siren. It tore through the silence like a knife, jolting everyone awake abruptly. Grandpa burst through the doors of the house, his face a mask of urgency and fear. 

"Seek shelter! The enemy is on the borders! Lock the doors!" 

The family sprang into action, hearts pounding with a mix of adrenaline and fear. Jake and his father immediately jumped out of their beds and ran to find Taesoo, already working to secure the house. While, Soomin tried to calm him down.

Grandma, her face pale with fright, stood trembling in the hallway. Her voice quivered as she asked, "Did they really come?" 

Upon seeing his grandson, Grandpa shouted loudly, "Soldier, where's your rifle? You're going to get us killed!"

Even Layla , joined in the chaos with loud barks, as Grandpa earnestly discussed his plans while petting her reassuringly.

Jake stood frozen, unsure of what to do. The entire family was equally bewildered and paralyzed by confusion. 

Just then, Jake's father entered the scene, adjusting his glasses and asking, "What is this commotion? Whose alarm is this?"

Everyone looked at each other, suddenly realizing someone was missing. Soomin, connecting the dots, fumed with anger. "I swear to God, I'm going to jump that girl! I was too forgiving yesterday," she muttered, her frustration evident.

Soomin was about to storm upstairs to confront Haein when Grandpa interrupted with a booming question, "Did your wife join the enemy's side? Prepare to hit her with the bullets."

 "Don't worry, Grandpa. I'm gonna do it."

Jake quickly stepped in, grabbing his sister's arm, "I'll deal with it."

Soomin glared at him, "What, are you gonna wake your wife up with hugs and kisses?"